PDA

View Full Version : best Prices / places to buy double electric breastpump?

junebaby07
07-04-2009, 10:10 PM
I had a Medela PIS pump w/my first dd, but it seemed like it was losing its power towards the end of its use (I pumped at work 2-3x per day for 10 months). I think I may have gotten milk in the tubes and engine.

I may get a new pump before my next baby arrives in Sept. My first dd was moderately jaundiced and we did have to give some bottles early on to supplement and I preferred to top off w/ a bottle of pumped milk vs. formula. I used my pump the 2nd day I was home from the hospital.

I am thinking of gettng an Ameda Purely Yours this time to avoid the milk in the tubes issue. Any recommendations on where to get the best price?

Snow mom
07-04-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm not sure if they carry the Ameda pumps, but I got a good price on a PISA from addalittlelove.com. I know they have all the Medela pumps, including the Freestyle. FWIW, I really regret not spending the extra money for the Freestyle.

GonnaBJulymom
07-05-2009, 03:19 AM
If you like the Ameda Purely Yours, you might want to check out the Lansinoh double electric pump, it's basically the same pump but cheaper. Got great reviews!! Amazon.com had it for $103 with free ship when I got mine, but now it's at $120 with free ship, still cheaper than Target or BRU. Good luck!

emily
07-08-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm on the same boat. I exclusively pumped for about 11 months. For the first three, I used the PISA. When I went back to work, I bought a Lansinoh to keep in the office. I pumped morning and night with PISA and twice at work with Lansinoh. I was pretty happy with Lansinoh. I would say I got maybe 1 or 2 oz less than I would have gotten with the PISA.

My PISA lost some of its suction near the end but I'm hoping I'll be able to use it with baby #2 next year. The Lansinoh has held up fine as far as suction. For a fraction of the price, Lansinoh is a great little pump.

betsyab
07-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Just found this company: http://www.lactationcare.com/index.cfm

Medela Pump In Style Advanced Metro Bag
New, and factory sealed.
List Price: $349.99
Our Price: $240.00
Quantity Price

Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breastpump - Backpack
New, and factory sealed.
Our Price: $224.00

Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breastpump - Shoulder Bag
New, and factory sealed.
Our Price: $224.00

Medela Freestyle Pump
New, and factory sealed.
List Price: $379.99
Our Price: $284.00

poppy
07-09-2009, 11:06 AM
I got the Medela PIS for $215 a year ago. I forgot which online site.
Check the reviews on Amazon, b/c that is where I found the best deal. People listed the price and where they got it for Ameda too, I believe.