PDA

View Full Version : Ikea kids-sized Poang chair?

bubbaray
07-05-2009, 12:15 AM
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/10116552

Anyone have it?? What size/age child is it good for????

neeleymartin
07-05-2009, 06:27 AM
that's cute.

i tried to look at the dimensions to get an idea of how big it is for myself, but it seems that there is a typo. it says that the seat height is 9". i think that can't be, looking at the other numbers.

hopefully someone has it, or has seen it irl.

JTsMom
07-05-2009, 08:17 AM
I don't have it, but have seen IRL- hopefully someone else will chime in with a little more detailed info, but in the meantime....

I think the seat hight is probably correct. It's been a while since I've seen it, but it was pretty cute. I would guess it would be good for anyone under maybe 6 or so. Maybe even a tad older. Our Ikea had one set up in the children's toys/play area, and it seemed a bit more substantial than most of the other kid's chairs.

neeleymartin
07-05-2009, 08:37 AM
geesh, i'm such a dope. seat height is distance from the floor. i was thinking height of the back of the seat. sounds accurate then.

justincase
07-05-2009, 08:46 AM
I have it. DS likes it, doesn't love it. He's currently a *big* 3 (42 inches and 42 pounds) and he's had it since he turned 2. It is a good size for him now. It is pretty substantial in that it stands up to his typical boy roughness -- throwing himself into it, "rocking" it harder than it was meant to be rocked. It is not the coziest chair because the arms aren't really meant to be curled up against, but he likes to sit in it and "read" his magazines and BF his baby doll, LOL. I measured it and I would say their dimensions are right -- the seat really is rather low to the ground.

He likes his mini-fake-leather armchair from Target better because, he says, it's "more cozier". Ah, grandparents -- he has not one. not two. but THREE different chairs of his very own!

infomama
07-05-2009, 02:44 PM
We have it. It's great for Dd1 (5 3/4 and tall) but Dd2 (almost 2) flips it over (forward) when she sits in it.

bubbaray
07-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks ladies. It would be for DD#1, but inevitably DD#2 will try to sit in it.

Hmmm, might not be the best choice if its tippy.

Anyone know of a good kids chair for movie night?? Preferably Princess-y or pink, but d/n have to be.

vludmilla
07-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Thanks ladies. It would be for DD#1, but inevitably DD#2 will try to sit in it.

Hmmm, might not be the best choice if its tippy.

Yes, it is tippy. DD is almost three and the first time she sat in it at IKEA, she tipped over right away and she is a very delicate child...she doesn't throw herself into chairs, KWIM?

We have a light green upholstered armchair from gp's and she LOVES it. I think it is from TRU.

MontrealMum
07-05-2009, 11:04 PM
I don't have anything to add about the children's version, but we have two adult Poangs and they are the most uncomfortable chairs we own. I HATE them with a passion and can't wait until we move so I can *lose* at least one of them (the newer one is worse). If it's for lots of sitting in front of movies I might look for something a bit more plush. Of course, we're "old" and our bodies aren't what they used to be, LOL, so a kid might not mind as much. How's that for confusing advice?

JTsMom
07-06-2009, 08:12 AM
What about a beanbag? I remember having one at around that age and loved it.

http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent/Price+50+up/5659/PN49X_2/&An=102&A=2834

http://cgi.ebay.com/DISNEY-PRINCESS-PINK-BEANBAG-COVER-NEW_W0QQitemZ190318785599QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Hom e_Garden_LivingRoom_BeanBags_SR?hash=item2c4fe2343 f&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177&_trkparms=|293%3A1|294%3A50

ljackson
07-06-2009, 10:41 AM
we have two adult Poangs and they are the most uncomfortable chairs we own. I HATE them with a passion and can't wait until we move so I can *lose* at least one of them

I guess everyone is different - we love our adult Poang so much that we now have 5 of them! I find them especially comfy with the matching footstools. I do agree though that the kid sized one is tippy, otherwise we would have one of those too.

nellonello
07-06-2009, 06:35 PM
My 1, 8 and 11 yo all love the Oversized Pottery Barn chairs. They tried out the Ikea chairs and my older ones thought they were uncomfortable.