PDA

View Full Version : do you contact the company when a product malfunctions?

neeleymartin
07-05-2009, 12:56 PM
i LOVE to call companies and complain. i consider is a hobby. i have done so for friends too. somewhat of a challenge. not a negative person, just like to get my money's worth. i usually have great success. companies usually like to here when a product doesn't live up to your expectations. particularly baby/child products.

what about you?

Melaine
07-05-2009, 01:04 PM
I almost always email them, but I honestly can't remember ever calling (not that I never would).

neeleymartin
07-05-2009, 01:07 PM
I almost always email them, but I honestly can't remember ever calling (not that I never would).

sorry, i meant contact. i changed it. so you are a yes. i seem to always want to call. not sure why.

TwinFoxes
07-05-2009, 01:24 PM
I almost put no but I would, then I remembered that my Medela Freestyle stopped workng after 5 months. You know I was on the phone that day! But in general I rarely have product malfunction.

lchang25000
07-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Yes, I've complained to Pampers before and they sent me 3$10 off coupons. It does pay off to contact the company when something is not satisfactory or malfunctions. It doesn't hurt to do it.

Snow mom
07-05-2009, 05:26 PM
I need another option. I always think, "This sucks. I'm going to write someone a letter about how dissatisfied I am." but then I never get around to it. So I'm in the really would like to complain to the company but don't have enough time camp.

ltmommy
07-05-2009, 10:32 PM
I have before, but I hate, hate, hate doing it. I usually make DH do it - he is much more successful. If I call, I might get a coupon or something, or maybe just a line that there is nothing they can do about it if it is not under warranty. DH calls and gets his money back AND a replacement. But usually we don't call if the item simply doesn't live up to our expectations, usually it is something that is broken or spoiled or simply not right.

WatchingThemGrow
07-05-2009, 10:36 PM
I do. I figure they want and need to know customers' thoughts.

My pet peeve is stuff that I love that gets discontinued. When they come back I'm SO excited. Did you know they stopped making select-a-size Bounty for a period of time? That threw me, so I called them. Other beloved products I've called about: Frosted Bran cereal and Yogurt Bites Fiber One.

I've called about strollers, furniture, formula packets, play kitchen, you name it.

jent
07-05-2009, 10:44 PM
I need another option. I always think, "This sucks. I'm going to write someone a letter about how dissatisfied I am." but then I never get around to it. So I'm in the really would like to complain to the company but don't have enough time camp.

:yeahthat:

inmypjs
07-06-2009, 12:11 AM
i LOVE to call companies and complain. i consider is a hobby. i have done so for friends too. somewhat of a challenge. not a negative person, just like to get my money's worth. i usually have great success. companies usually like to here when a product doesn't live up to your expectations. particularly baby/child products.

Me too! My DS now even asks me to call the company when a toy breaks LOL.

ett
07-06-2009, 12:16 AM

:yeahthat: This is me most of the time.