PDA

View Full Version : I'll tie both their little destructive hands behind their backs with duct tape!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
07-05-2009, 03:22 PM
3 weeks before we're supposed to be moving and what do my two little terrorists do? Start popping the textured plaster on the stairwell off the wall! DD1 started it a couple of weeks ago when I sent her to her room one day, she decided to sit at the top of the stairwell where I couldn't see her and start prying freaking plaster off the wall! For the love of all that's holy, WHY!!

And today for no apparent reason ds went to the top of the stairs and pryed off a large section. So now I have a hole in my plaster (on an edge part so it's harder to repair) that's about 5 inches long and about 4 inches across. I doubt that I need to mention how unpleasant having them face the consequences of their actions has been.

Duct tape,crazy glue, better yet-chinese finger puzzles! Keep your grubby little 3 and 6 year old fingers off the WALL!!!!!

Now we have to figure out how to repair it. Any suggestions?

Snow mom
07-05-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear they are finding such a destructive way to entertain themselves. The good news is that you might be able to match the texture with spray on textures they sell at Home Depot or Lowes. We cut a big hole in the wall in DD's room a few months before she arrived and had to retexture when we put in new drywall. I'd recommend saving some big pieces of cardboard to try the spray texture on/ get it properly adjusted. Then the challenge will be matching the paint...

o_mom
07-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Oh, I feel your pain! Two weeks before we closed on our house sale, DS1 or DS2 (each blamed the other) broke one of the miniblinds in the kitchen. Had to replace five sets so that they all would match. Even with the cheapest of cheap, cut to fit vinyl at HD it was $100 and a couple hours of time to fix it.

JBaxter
07-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Dont use duct tape... it leaves marks...

Saran wrap now THATS something you can wrap a child in and it doenst leave marks :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

MamaMolly
07-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Saw a bumper sticker today that DH liked a little too much: Silence is Golden, Duct tape is Silver!!

ITA witht he spray texturizer, and the paint you might be able to match by taking a chunk to Home Depot for color matching. GL.