PDA

View Full Version : Snugride Tipping to One Side

3marie
07-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Hi,

I have a Graco Snugride car seat in the back middle seat of my 2004 Ford Explorer, fastened with seatbelts, as we were advised this was the safest position in the car. The two outboard seats have Latch, but the middle seat does not. For several months, the car seat seemed tight and secure in the middle seat. Now that my baby is seven months old and weighs 19 pounds, the car seat seems correctly installed when we start out on a ride. However, by the time we arrive at our destination, the Snugride has tipped about 45 degrees towards one side. I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to prevent this tipping. Thanks so much!

Marie

o_mom
07-05-2009, 08:37 PM
The fix is pretty simple. You need to use a locking clip so that you don't have to switch the shoulderbelt retractor.

Here's a video (scroll down to infant seat with locking clip) to show you how: http://www.carseatsite.com/videos.htm#rear-facing%20videos

mom2binsd
07-05-2009, 09:33 PM
What are the weight limits of your seat? At 19lbs baby might be almost ready for a new seat, esp if it's the 22lb seat. (Of course now you'll get the seat to stop tipping).