PDA

View Full Version : Nature's Purest Bassinet - Hug Me

SarahBear610
07-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Has anyone else purchased this bassinet? It's on sale online at BRU for $89.98, but not in the store. I can't find too many reviews on it and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on it. Thanks!

BayGirl2
07-06-2009, 12:04 PM
We have the Nature's Purest Sleepy Safari, which I think is the more expensive version of the Hug Me. There may be some differences in the details.

IIRC, On the BRU site the Hug Me got very mixed reviews. However, we've been happy with the one we have. Here is my review:

Pros: The diaper holder pouch is not attached by velcro, so it doesn't fall off. The sheet that came with it is super soft and not too hard to get on and off. The colors are neutral and blend well in our family room. The changing table is sturdy and out of the way enough that I never have to flip it up. The canopy stays up well if you snap it in place correctly. I like that the materials are organic.

Cons: The whole storage contraption is only attached by a couple plastic hooks that are bound to break or fall off eventually, DH is already concocting ways to rig it up. The back part of the canopy is held on by elastic and can fall off if you aren't careful (not a big deal, but happens to those unfamiliar with it). Its not as portable as other PnP's - the bar under the changing table screws on, so it would be tedious to break down. (When we're done w/ the changing table and bassinet I expect the play yard to be more portable.)

Hope that helps!

Momit
07-06-2009, 03:18 PM
We have the Hug Me play yard and have been very happy with it. The material is very nice and soft.

GraceH
07-06-2009, 07:57 PM
FYI - as an aside - I have found that the prices ending in '8' (such as this one) are being clearanced/discontinued, so that may be contributing to the lack of in-store availability, and also serve as a warning that if you do wait too long, it may become unavailable at BRU.

SarahBear610
07-07-2009, 02:54 AM
Thanks so much everyone! That was all really helpful :D