PDA

View Full Version : Heart rate monitor suggestions

turtledove
07-06-2009, 02:28 PM
I have tried to research these, but am having terrible luck! It seemed a lot of people recommended Polar, but then the reviews were all over the place on the specific ones I was looking at (and some of them are definitely pricey). I would prefer to spend $100 or less, but I don't want to have to replace it just because I bought a cheap one.

Anybody have one they love?

TIA!

willow33
07-06-2009, 10:43 PM
I just purchased a Polar F6 yesterday after reading many reviews on a fitness forum. I haven't received it yet so I can't comment on how well it works though, but it had really positive reviews from those that used it.

I bought the F6 on drugstore.com using a $10 off code and then another $20 off when paying with paypal. So it came to $80 with free shipping. HTH!

bubbaray
07-07-2009, 09:54 AM
I have a Polar. I liked it when I was using it.

egoldber
07-07-2009, 09:57 AM
I have an F4. The lower level models just tend to have fewer features. All I need is basic functionality so it works well for me.

turtledove
07-09-2009, 03:03 PM
The big thing I kept reading about Polar was that once the battery died you had to send it in to Polar to change it. The cost was close to the cost of a new monitor. For those who have Polar's, how long has your battery lasted? Do you plan to pay to have it replaced, or just trash it?

TIA!

fitbecky
07-10-2009, 04:38 PM
I have a Sigma Sport PC 15 Heart Rate Monitor. I highly recommend it. I've had mine now for about 4 years and I love it! You can change the battery yourself. Here is a link to where I purchased mine: http://www.blueskycycling.com/product978_3_-Sigma-Sport-PC-15-Heart-Rate-Monitor.htm

boltfam
07-14-2009, 09:23 PM
The lower level models just tend to have fewer features. All I need is basic functionality so it works well for me.
:yeahthat: I've had mine for three years and it's still going strong. I suppose when the battery dies, I'll just get a new monitor. I had no idea it was that expensive to replace.