PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy reasonable twin mattress?

kristal
07-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi,
We are looking for a reasonable twin mattress for DS's new bed. We would like something in the 100-150 range. Old threads on the board had good reviews for the twin Sealy's from Costco which folks purchased for around $100. I visited couple of Costcos near us, but they dont have any $100 mattresses any more. The cheapest twin is for $299!
Does anyone know any other stores where we can find a decent twin mattress for under $150? (we dont have Sam's club here).

Thanks!

Jen841
07-06-2009, 04:00 PM
I remember my parents ordering mattresses from Sears. We bought ours at BJ's for both boys. You could go to a Sleepy's or other chain and inquire. I understand not wanting to shop around, mattress shopping is about a fun as bathing suit and bra shopping.

Can you order any from Costco.com and have them sent to your store for delivery? Maybe they have additional on-line options?

Jacksmommy2b
07-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Ditto on the BJ's.

We did a bunch of shopping and finally threw up our hands and overpaid at mattress giant.

A month later I was shocked to see them in BJ's and then wanted to beat my head on the concrete floors when I saw the pricing.

Worth the $35 membership fee, if you aren't already!

shoremom
07-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Hi,
We are looking for a reasonable twin mattress for DS's new bed. We would like something in the 100-150 range. Old threads on the board had good reviews for the twin Sealy's from Costco which folks purchased for around $100. I visited couple of Costcos near us, but they dont have any $100 mattresses any more. The cheapest twin is for $299!
Does anyone know any other stores where we can find a decent twin mattress for under $150? (we dont have Sam's club here).

Thanks!
:yeahthat:

BJ's sounds like where I'll go first.

ljackson
07-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Check out IKEA if you have one near enough.

C99
07-06-2009, 11:29 PM
We're the happy owners of 5 IKEA mattresses here. Most were under $100.

MMMommy
07-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Our local Costcos (No. Cal) carry the twin Sealy Ashdol mattress for $139.99 (mattress only). They used to have the twin Sealy Waldron set (mattress with boxspring) in-store for $299, but none of my local area Costcos have that anymore, so I had to order the set online at Costco.com for $429.99 shipped. But maybe you could have a local Costco check to see if the $139.99 Ashdol mattress only is available at other locations a little further away?

BeachBum
07-07-2009, 07:35 AM
We got ours at a Sears Outlet. They had a variety of price ranges.

kristal
07-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks for all the replies. You ladies rock!
We live in california and dont have any BJ's around :(.

MMMommy - Thanks!! for the exact mattress name. I just called some nearby costcos and they said they do have the twin sealy ashdol in stock. They didnt have these on the floor when I had checked in the store 8-10 days ago. I'll be going this evening to pick one up. I hope they really do have them there.

c99- thanks for the Ikea tip. I had seen the under $100 ones on their website but didnt know if they would be good enough. Good to know that you are happy with your's.

If costco doesnt work out I'll check Ikea or sears.

doberbrat
07-07-2009, 03:44 PM
if costco doent work out count me in for antoher IKEA mattress lover. I now HATE going away b/c I miss my bed!

hellokitty
07-07-2009, 03:46 PM
We got a mattress (didn't need a bedspring, b/c of the way the bed is) for my son's twin bed at Sam's Club, a Serta for about $150. It's really nice! Not too soft, not too stiff, we are very happy with the quality for the amt of $ we spent.