PDA

View Full Version : spitting up in KeyFit

justincase
07-06-2009, 04:18 PM
DD spits up literally every. single. time. I buckle her into her KeyFit. A pretty liberal amount of spit up. I don't like absolutes, so I hesitate to say that she *never* spits up otherwise, but I am hard pressed to think of another time she's done so, at least since I cut dairy. This is regardless of how recently she has nursed. I know babies spit up, but come on, it's only in the seat! She's otherwise happy in there, either smiley and content or sleeping, just like she is at other times. I don't remember this happening at all with DS. Do I just suck it up? Switch her to the Decathlon? I don't use the "portability" feature of the bucket that much so switching her would actually be okay. Is there a compelling reason not to switch her? TIA!

WatchingThemGrow
07-06-2009, 04:59 PM
ewww...I'd switch her. Not sure why, but I'm just not into the infant seat. I'm not going to use it on my strollers, and I'm itching to move seats around and put DS2 in a MA @4 weeks.

but cleaning the infant seat every time - I'd be trying SOMEthing different, for sure!

arivecchi
07-06-2009, 05:40 PM
There was a similar thread here recently. The poster switched her baby to a convertible and had good results. I switched my 5 month old DS to a Blvd and he is so much happier there anyway that I would definitely give the convertible a try.

neeleymartin
07-06-2009, 08:15 PM
There was a similar thread here recently. The poster switched her baby to a convertible and had good results. I switched my 5 month old DS to a Blvd and he is so much happier there anyway that I would definitely give the convertible a try.

that was me. ds was not only spitting up, but also terribly fussy. he hated his infant seat (graco). we switch to the roundabout and he is so much happier. also doesn't spit up the second we put him in. dh and i decided to do a trial. we are not going back to the infant seat. i miss just popping him in and out of the car. but comfort (his) and ear drums (my own and ds1) are worth it imo. hth

arivecchi
07-06-2009, 08:40 PM
that was me. ds was not only spitting up, but also terribly fussy. he hated his infant seat (graco). we switch to the roundabout and he is so much happier. also doesn't spit up the second we put him in. dh and i decided to do a trial. we are not going back to the infant seat. i miss just popping him in and out of the car. but comfort (his) and ear drums (my own and ds1) are worth it imo. hth I'm so glad that worked out. I bet that will help the OP's DC as well. BTW, I love your kids' names!

justincase
07-06-2009, 09:04 PM
that was me.
Thanks! I remembered reading your thread but couldn't find it when I searched. I thought I remembered people having good results switching but couldn't remember the ages of the LO's. I think I am just going to go for it; we have a perfectly good Decathlon sitting in the basement. I'll try to remember to let you all know how it goes!

Melbel
07-06-2009, 09:21 PM
I posted on the other recent thread as well. When DD2 was about 2.5 months, she started screaming in her Keyfit. At that age, the curvature of the seat seemed to really aggravate her reflux. I seem to recall that in the other thread the babies were around the same age (2.5 to 3 months). DD2 has done MUCH better in the RA and MA. Additionally, she does not get so hot and sweaty. Good luck! I hope the switch to a convertible works well for you too!

GraceH
07-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Also, soon you will be able to have it at a steeper angle, which may help if you need to use it as a back-up seat