PDA

View Full Version : Arms Reach CoSleeper for Naps?

srhs
07-07-2009, 12:06 AM
We're planning to buy an AR Cosleeper for DS2, but I have never seen one IRL in action.
Will he be able to nap in it unattended? I am picturing the lack of wall on the bed side and wondering if that'll be safe or if he'll be scooting on to our bed. I have a friend whose 1mo is rolling already, and it got me wondering...

giavila
07-07-2009, 12:20 AM
oh wow.. 1 month old already rolling! My almost 4 month naps in ours just fine. She isn't rolling yet so I'm not sure how that would work.. but I plan to move her to her crib soon anyway. You can lift the side all the way up too though.

srhs
07-07-2009, 12:23 AM
...You can lift the side all the way up too though.
Can you lift it up and down easily throughout the day? Or do you have to detach it from the bed to lift the side up?

(Yea, she thought it was just a fluke at first but then her LO rolled 3 times the next day.)

giavila
07-07-2009, 12:40 AM
hmm.. good question! Like I said, I haven't had to do it so I don't know.. hopefully someone who knows can chime in! If not, I'll look for the directions tomorrow and see how it works and get back to you.

baileygirl
07-07-2009, 03:46 AM
We have the larger Arms Reach co-sleeper (ds is asleep in it now). There is a lip on the cosleeper, so it isn't totally flush to the mattress. Plus even with the leg extenders our mattress is still several inches higher then the lip on the co-sleeper (our bed is pretty tall). With how it fits with our bed, I don't have any concerns with ds rolling out of it.

pastrygirl
07-07-2009, 07:28 AM
The co-sleeper mattress is supposed to be a few inches below your mattress, so there's no possibility to roll into your bed accidentally. (The top of the railing on the co-sleeper is supposed to be flush with your mattress, according to the instructions.)