PDA

View Full Version : BLVD Cover/strap Question

OKKiddo
07-07-2009, 05:05 PM
I was just putting the replacement cover on Bryan's BLVD and I noticed that there are actually two holes in the side and not just one hole for the hip straps. Anyone know why that is? Which am I supposed to be using for him? I didn't fiddle with the straps before and just put them where they came from the first time (the smaller opening that is higher up). Since he's 2.5 years old now, am I supposed to put the straps through the larger opening? Or is that for when he's forward facing only? BTW, he's still rear facing (still 26.5 lbs.). :)

Thanks so much!

Joolsplus2
07-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Those are for installing the seat rearfacing and installing with the seatbelt 'over' the cover...they are seatbelt slots :).

OKKiddo
07-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Those are for installing the seat rearfacing and installing with the seatbelt 'over' the cover...they are seatbelt slots :).

Well that's just strange. Why would I want the seatbelt over the cover? Craziness! ;) So, I gather I installed it incorrectly by putting the seatbelt through the plastic shell when I had to install forward facing in my Dad's truck? Britax needs it's own youtube video instructions, lol.

Thanks Jools!

jjordan
07-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Well that's just strange. Why would I want the seatbelt over the cover? Craziness! ;) So, I gather I installed it incorrectly by putting the seatbelt through the plastic shell when I had to install forward facing in my Dad's truck? Britax needs it's own youtube video instructions, lol.

Thanks Jools!

I install seatbelt over the cover if it's just a quick installation and it won't stay for long. For example - installing in my parents' van for errands, or whatever. Also for airplane flights. When the seat will be there for a while, I do take the time to put the belt under the cover, but for quick trips it is handy to go over.

OKKiddo
07-07-2009, 11:47 PM
I install seatbelt over the cover if it's just a quick installation and it won't stay for long. For example - installing in my parents' van for errands, or whatever. Also for airplane flights. When the seat will be there for a while, I do take the time to put the belt under the cover, but for quick trips it is handy to go over.

Gotcha! I get it. Well, then, in that case it would be handy, lol. The seat was installed again, with the belt in the right slots...but now the good cover is all clean and ready to be put back on. I'm feeling really lazy though and I think Bryan will just have to stay in the replacement cover for a bit. Even if it is a little bit of an ugly pattern, lol.