PDA

View Full Version : Help me brainstorm ideas for a "playdate" with a grown-up

jent
07-07-2009, 09:57 PM
who is DD's former daycare provider. Kind of a strange situation, actually... she's taking a voluntary leave of absence from our center because of low enrollment for the summer. However, she and DD really have a bond and she suggested getting together to keep the bond going (with any luck she will be rehired in the fall). I thought of treating her to a meal but DD is a little young to enjoy a restaurant-only visit; it would be nice to actually play together. I think I will simply invite her over, as we would for any other "playdate". I guess I am trying to think of ideas to make the visit special and show how much we appreciate her. Anyone with ideas?

SnuggleBuggles
07-07-2009, 10:11 PM
I'd go to the playground. It's easy and will keep everyone engaged.
eta- you could make it a picnic if so inclined.
Beth

jgenie
07-07-2009, 10:18 PM
I don't know if she has kids, but my friends had kids way before I did. It was great just getting invited to play with the kids - sometimes we went to a park, sometimes went for a walk, sometimes baked a treat, and other times just played at home. If you feel like doing something extra special you can, but you don't have to. You're already telling her she's special by inviting her to spend time with your DD.

crl
07-07-2009, 10:24 PM
What about seeing if someof the other children from the daycare would also like to see her? Maybe you could all meet at a park and have snack and play?

Catherine

jent
07-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Oh, not only does she have kids, she has grandkids!

I think one of the things I will try to do is bake with DD to prepare something special beforehand. I love to bake and she loves to "help".