PDA

View Full Version : Do you belong to Angie's List? What do you think?

alien_host
07-08-2009, 10:20 AM
I joined Angie's List last summer just before we did a lot of home repairs/remodel. I found it helpful but I'm wondering if it's worth the price to keep the membership going since we are winding down with repairs. I think last year I only spent $30 for it since I found a coupon on-line.

Does anyone here use Angie's List? Do you find it helpful? I used it to find some repair people but also to check if certain people were listed (i.e. a recommendation from a neighbor). Often times the people I was looking for weren't listed. I have had success in finding vendors for certain things.

Also I participated in last year's "Report Drive" and "earned" a free Flip Video Camera so that also helped make the membership cost worthwhile. Anyone know if they do the membership drive every year?

I subscribe to the Boston List, I wonder if the drives vary by location? They also had a "healthcare" drive this summer and I participated in that, but haven't received my "prize" yet.

I'd love some input from others who have had a membership for a while or just what people think in general.

TIA!

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
07-08-2009, 11:56 AM
I have found wonderful people there, painters, stucco repair, floor finishing, window washing. We just had a tree removed with an Angie's lister. I always check pxs on at least three before we do anything, the lowest bid on tree was $100 less than others.w

cvanbrunt
07-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Use it. Love it. Angie is an alumn from the university I teach at (pardon the crappy verbiage) so I'm "buying locally". We have used it for years and find ourselves turning to it for all sorts of things this summer. Last month I used it to find a kennel, window washers, and an emergency vet clinic.

Fairy
07-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Great big fan, here. I need to cancel my membership, as I don't need it right now (I joined for the same reason you did), and the I can rejoin later. But overall, I think they're awesome.

lilycat88
07-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Another Indiana person here. I belonged to the precursor to Angies List (Unified Neighbors, I think it was called) and have belonged to Angies List for ever. We don't use it a ton any more but we've used it enough over the years that we keep it going. When we do use it, it tends to be a big job that is done infrequently (like tree removal) and we figure it's worth he money for a job like that.

Pennylane
07-08-2009, 01:25 PM
I used it years ago and really liked it. I am getting ready to join again I think. We have a few projects that need to be done.

Ann