PDA

View Full Version : hallelujah for babysitting!

justincase
07-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Drumroll please... I just left DS with someone other than M or MIL for the first time in his life. Yes, he's three. OK, you can laugh now. It was scenes like this: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=327274 that drove me to it. I cannot even believe how easy it is to shop with a baby after shopping with a baby and a rambunctious 3yo. DD nestled right up against me in my new Moby (oh, hallelujah for that, too!) and never once complained. And DS had a blast at home and the babysitter is going to come back every week for the rest of the summer!! Four hours was perfect -- gave me just enough time to fetch the mail, drive to civilization, stop in at the dreaded Walmart, BF, grocery shop, BF again, drive back home, and get everything unloaded and put away. And it was worth every penny. Why did I wait so long?!

SnuggleBuggles
07-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Glad it went well!! I have been considering hiring a sitter too because my previously good shopping buddy (ds2) has turned into a not so good shopping buddy. This is a good motivation to call the family friend that is willing to do it- and for $5/ hr!

Beth

Melaine
07-08-2009, 02:51 PM
My girls have only stayed with DH or my parents or sister, so I totally understand. I'm so nervous to ever leave them with anyone else though! The feeling of freedom you describe is what keeps me thinking of it though!

sidmand
07-08-2009, 03:16 PM
I can't believe how easy shopping with just DD is! Granted she is much easier than DS ever was but on the rare occasions when I had to take both of them...let's just say I needed my wine box on those days. Although now that I won't let him walk anymore and he has to stay in the cart it is a little less stressful. But still it's WAY less stressful when I just have DD!!!

Glad the outing went well for everyone.

FWIW, I have DS in daycare twice a week this summer for all of our benefits (normally he's in school all day long during the school year). He really gets more out of playing with kids his own age nowadays than he would at home. DD still naps so I get a little time to work/do my own thing. DD and I can run errands...I think it's really good for everyone and well worth the price.

justincase
07-08-2009, 03:23 PM
I have been considering hiring a sitter too because my previously good shopping buddy (ds2) has turned into a not so good shopping buddy.
Do it, the sooner, the better! I am a new woman this afternoon... patient, kind, easy-going! ;)