PDA

View Full Version : Do you exercise at home, while your child naps?

kayte
07-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Can you share what you do... and how long for... etc....

SnuggleBuggles
07-08-2009, 03:21 PM
I was in the winter before I joined the gym. I was mostly doing Wii Fit and/ or the Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing.

Beth

bnme
07-08-2009, 04:15 PM
I have been doing Weightloss Pilates for 20-30 minutes each morning while my kids are watching tv. It is free on-demand right now. I also use whatever DVD I can find at the library.

willow33
07-08-2009, 04:19 PM
I do Jillian Michael's (trainer from the biggest loser) 30 Day Shred DVD. It is only about 30 minutes and there are 3 complete workouts in increasing difficulty. Each workout is a circuit with 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs. I like that it is short so I can complete the whole thing before the baby wakes and I sweat like crazy while doing it!

Pennylane
07-08-2009, 04:22 PM
I did in the fall/winter when it was cooler. I would try to do 30 min cardio and 15 weights.

Ann

NN317
07-08-2009, 04:29 PM
I do 25 minutes on the elliptical during their morning nap (which is only an hour long) before I shower.

frgsnlzrds
07-08-2009, 06:03 PM
I've been trying the 30 day challenge on the wii. It's a 20-30 min workout and that leaves plenty of time for a shower.

shawnandangel
07-08-2009, 07:00 PM
I don't know where you live, but I do Stroller Strides.

http://www.strollerstrides.com

I found it when searching meetup.com for playgroups for DD. With the group I joined, it costs $50/month and you can go to as many classes a week as you want. Classes in my area start at 9:30 am and go through 10:30 am every morning Monday-Saturday. I usually go about 4 times a week.

In class we jog, power walk, and use resistance bands to strenghten our upper bodies. I love it!

The best thing about it is. . .you bring your baby with you. Any child that comfortably fits in a stroller. We run with our strollers and interact with the children throughout our excercises. It's great!

Edited to add: We also do moms night out once a month and have play dates every Friday.

poppy
07-08-2009, 07:19 PM
I do stroller strides but I only go about 1 or 2 times a week. I just really hate exercising. BUT it is a very good workout depending on your instructor--mine is pretty tough. It is good but hard to get there in the morning b/c that's the time my DS naps.

Sounds pretty identical situation with Shawnandangel. I guess as a franchise, it's all pretty similar. Ask for their specials.

alirebco
07-08-2009, 09:28 PM
I hop on the elliptical as soon as I put DS down, otherwise I don't get it done! I normally do about 30 minutes or so, then I rest for a little and then shower while he's still napping.

purpleeyes
07-08-2009, 10:45 PM
I get up early in the morning before they get up to fit it in. I don't want to, but I've learned that if I don't do in the early am, it doesn't get done! ;)

I do some walking cardio/toning from exercisetv.tv and also some Pilates fios on demand.