PDA

View Full Version : Moving to USVI and need advice for plane ride

NOLAmom08
07-08-2009, 04:25 PM
OK I need help thinking this through. I will be moving to St. Croix in the Virgin Islands the 1st of August. DS will be almost 10 months by that time. He is on the borderline on outgrowing his Graco Snugride, so I just got a Britax Roundabout. My question is which carseat to use. I will be traveling from NOLA to USVI thru Houston with two plane changes (once in Houston & again in Puetro Rico) My DH is already moved, so I will be traveling with MIL and two cats (1 hers & 1 mine). I don't know how sufficent MIL is in folding strollers and handling carseats. I have a Snap-n-Go for the Graco, but nothing for the Britax stroller wise. I was considering the GoGoKidz, but I'm not sure how that will all work out. Otherwise I also just got a Maclaren for a light stroller for DS. Any suggestions?

arivecchi
07-08-2009, 04:58 PM
OK I need help thinking this through. I will be moving to St. Croix in the Virgin Islands the 1st of August. DS will be almost 10 months by that time. He is on the borderline on outgrowing his Graco Snugride, so I just got a Britax Roundabout. My question is which carseat to use. I will be traveling from NOLA to USVI thru Houston with two plane changes (once in Houston & again in Puetro Rico) My DH is already moved, so I will be traveling with MIL and two cats (1 hers & 1 mine). I don't know how sufficent MIL is in folding strollers and handling carseats. I have a Snap-n-Go for the Graco, but nothing for the Britax stroller wise. I was considering the GoGoKidz, but I'm not sure how that will all work out. Otherwise I also just got a Maclaren for a light stroller for DS. Any suggestions? I travel to PR all the time with the GoGoKidz. I've used it with the Britax Blvd and it worked great.

nfowife
07-08-2009, 05:01 PM
which maclaren did you get? I can get my britax marathon to sit right in my volo, and I use a bungee cord around the back to hold it in securely. I put my kid in there and wheel them around the airport no problem.

NOLAmom08
07-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I travel to PR all the time with the GoGoKidz. I've used it with the Britax Blvd and it worked great.

How does the gogokidz work with security? That's my biggest concern. Also I have a maclaren quest.

arivecchi
07-08-2009, 05:55 PM
I took off the GogoKidz for security and then re-attached it after going through it. I remember thinking that I did not think the whole thing would go through the machine, but you can always try to place the entire thing on the security belt if you think it will go through.

Zansu
07-08-2009, 06:01 PM
We leave the GoGoKidz on and TSA hand wands it with no problem.