PDA

View Full Version : JJB: Be All or BeTween?

bw52
07-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Which would you choose? I'm only able to see the BeAll IRL. I actually thought it was going to be bigger, so I was leaning toward the Between, but now that I've seen the Be All, I'm wondeirng if the Between is big enough.

I'm a FTM (almost) and dd will be breastfeeding, so really I won't be using bottles (at least not for a while). Prob just carry dipes, wipes, and change of clothes, and prob a toy. I don't like to carry around a big bag (I like small purses), but I also don't want to not have enough room! (Especially at the JJB price--haven't told dh yet how much they are!). Oh, and this will be our first, but we plan on having many kids, so I would for sure need it to work for multiple kiddos. Can't afford to have to buy another one when child #2 comes around!

Oh, and besides size, my only other concern is the flap on the Be All. I know some people don't like it (I'm assuming b/c it doesn't stay closed?). Just wondering if that's really a prob. I think it might start to bug me, but I'm not sure that would be reason enough to not get it.

Sorry that was so long! (And as a side note, I don't like the look of the PackaBe, so that's not an option).

THANKS!

WatchingThemGrow
07-08-2009, 05:14 PM
I looked at whatever the model they have at Nordstrom this week, not because I needed one, but just because I wanted to see what the fuss was about.

I (as a small purse person) would recommend that if you really don't want to spend $$ to buy a second bag when the next child arrives, that you might want to look at some less expensive bags. I really don't think you can have one bag that can do it all.

We've really used 1)Lands' End Little Tripper 2) Skip Hop Dash (used) 3) Skip Hop Pronto (on sale) 4) a Jansport backpack and 5)a LE deluxe lunch tote. Recently, I got a Skip Hop Duo Double because we need to be able to carry stuff for 3 on some occasions and to have backup supplies in our car.
All those bags are less than the sale price of one JJB.

You can also do some Googling and try to find one 2nd hand, which would enable you to add another size when the need arises.

Momof3Labs
07-08-2009, 05:57 PM
First, I'm all for bf'ing and don't doubt that you can do it, but things do occasionally happen and you don't know that you won't have to use bottles. That makes a big difference in what size bag you need.

And second, I agree that it is really tough to say what bag might work for you with two kids when you haven't had your first yet. You don't know if you'll end up being a heavy packer (reflux babies, for example, need more backup clothes), how far apart your kids will be, etc.

If buying a JJB means that you can't ever afford another diaper bag, then I would agree to look at less expensive options for now, or even use the hospital diaper bag for a short while until you get a better sense for your needs.

krocodile
07-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Go to the ju-ju-be website in the pink room....there's a FSOT board with a lot of options. Plus there are a lot of pics on the board in general, including ones of the bags packed.

I had a Between that I just sold on there, I was looking for something even smaller for quick trips...

ang79
07-08-2009, 10:37 PM
FWIW, I got a BeTween for my toddler and newborn and I could just squeeze in everything I needed but there was no extra space for toys, jackets, etc. I also didn't like how boxy it felt when I carried it, so I sold it. I've not seen or tried the BeAll but I do like my Packabe. I use that for all day outtings or when I need to pack extra things like a picnic lunch for my toddler or my mei tai.

Definately check out the FSOT board in the Pink Room and also Ebay. These bags are so well made that even after being used for a year or so they still look great. And the ladies in the Pink Room take very good care of their bags, so you can find a gently used or like-new one for the fraction of the retail price. There is also a yahoo group called babybags and JJB bags pop up there occaisionally.

Good luck!