PDA

View Full Version : If you're going to drag your dog along while he's pooping...

twowhat?
07-08-2009, 06:12 PM
PICK UP THE POOP. Some moron dog owner drags his/her poor dog along while the dog is trying to take a crap, leaving a lovely trail of poop on the sidewalk, and doesn't pick it up!!! I cannot navigate around these with a double stroller!!

Any ideas on how to scare the unknown perpetrator into picking up the poop? Leave a sign on the sidewalk saying "We know who you are and will report you if you do not start picking up after your dog"?? These trails of poop are all over the neighborhood! I know it's the same dog (poor dog) and moronic owner who shouldn't even have a dog...

KathyN115
07-08-2009, 08:14 PM
I sympathize! We live in a neighborhood where many people walk dogs, and some of these lovely individuals let their dogs poop on our (and our neighbors) lawns, and do not bother to pick it up! YUCK! I don't have a dog, but I can't imagine how people thing that is OK. I hope you come up with a plan, and if you do, please let me know!

ThreeofUs
07-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Oh, yeah! I absolutely agree!

And, you know, there are a lot of people who don't even see what their dog is doing. It's AMAZING.

If everyone knows who it is, why hasn't anyone said anything to the owner, though? Doesn't have to be nasty, just matter of fact and polite from a bunch of different people, with an offer of baggies, could help.

twowhat?
07-08-2009, 10:53 PM
No one knows who it is, unfortunately. And you are right, people don't watch what their dogs are doing. We had to yell at a woman who let her dog poop on our lawn, and then denied it. My husband had to go out there and point out her dog's poop on our lawn. It was ridiculous. And we have a neighbor who says he picks up his dog's poop of it's on private property, but not if it's on public property. WTF??? People, just PICK UP THE POOP!

LOL that should be a bumper sticker. "I pick up my dog's poop. What about you?"

gatorsmom
07-08-2009, 11:18 PM
"I pick up my dog's poop. What about you?"

I love this. I think it will be my next siggie. :ROTFLMAO:

The truth is I don't have a dog, but I did a few years ago and I DID pick up his poop when he pooped on other's lawns. So, I should still get credit for that.

Carrots
07-08-2009, 11:22 PM
I CANNOT STAND IT when people leave their dog's poop behind. I own a dog and would never dream of leaving his poop for someone else to step in!

I walk daily on a bike path and am always steering the dog and stroller around the "land mines". Drives me CRAZY!:32:

elizabethkott
07-08-2009, 11:31 PM
That's just gross.
As a dog owner, I don't understand it either. I've actually picked up *other* dog's poop just to get it gone from the general area of our house/block.
Maggie is strange, and only poops in our backyard. But I still carry a bag with me for the odd occasion that she decides to go while on a long walk or something. It's just the responsible thing to do, dang it!

niccig
07-09-2009, 12:41 AM
Where we used to live, the trash cans were close to the end of the driveway. People would walk their dogs and throw the bag of poop in whichever trash can they felt like. They were neighbours, so should know that the grey bin is for recycling and not dog poop. I got so sick of it, that I did up signs that I taped to the lid of the trash cans;

"Put YOUR dog's poop in YOUR trash can"

It did stop it from happening.

infomama
07-09-2009, 12:43 PM
This bugged me to no end when we used to live in town. How hard is it to shove a plastic baggie in your pocket before you take your dog out?

ThreeofUs
07-09-2009, 02:15 PM
LOL that should be a bumper sticker. "I pick up my dog's poop. What about you?"

:yeahthat:

Or, I know!, a YARD SIGN. Betcha that'd get some attention.

gobadgers
07-09-2009, 02:50 PM
I think some dogs get itchy and make streak marks on their own - I hope that this is the case, and not some owner dragging the poor dog along. How awful!

Slightly O/T, but we had a mystery pooper on our condo property for a while. The condo board put up an official-looking sign saying the area is chemically treated and we haven't had a problem since!

infomama
07-09-2009, 04:50 PM
We camp a lot and lot of the seasonal campers have these at their sites...
http://www.remmeer.com/dumping-dog-yard-sign-p-807.html

twowhat?
07-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Unfortunately we already have a yard sign. It doesn't work because the moron apparently has no values.

Melanie
07-12-2009, 02:12 AM
I was always tempted to put a sign in my front yard "If I wanted to clean up after a dog, I would HAVE one. Pick up after yours."

AngelaS
07-12-2009, 06:40 AM
So if you're town has a law about cleaning up after your dog....would you turn someone in for not cleaning up after theirs? :)