PDA

View Full Version : Friend holding grudge. What can I do?

ray7694
07-08-2009, 07:04 PM
My ex bf and I have a long history. She was in the delivery room with me when my 1st husband left and in my wedding when I remarried. As I got to know her I more I learned she is negative, jealous, and doesn't want the best for me. When I was having a horrible time in life it was great but as things got better she grew jealous.

Fast forward to now and things have turned bad. I introduced her to a friend of mine who became her babysitter. My friend helped her and her family a lot. Soon my friend started venting to me about her and I did the same.

It turned into a three way triangle. My friend called her out about something that she said to me. So now I am the bag guy. I have apologized but she is holding a grudge.

To make matters worse I live two doors from her and work with her.
She doesn't speak to me and her husband won't look at me. I think they feel hurt and that I took there babysitter/like grandma from them.

What should I do?
Keep trying to talk to her?
Request that the babysitter be honest to her?

specialp
07-08-2009, 07:10 PM
You've apologized. There isn't much else you can do. I'd lay low, be polite and civil to her, but other than that just let it go. Don't vent about to her anyone else.

If she is as negative as you say, then it's probably best to have some separation time anyway.

poppy
07-08-2009, 08:01 PM
It sounds like it may be uncomfortable but some friendships are not worth keeping, esp. if there are more cons than pros. Friends that aren't happy for you, are jealous of you, glad when things are bad are not really your friends. I think your time can be better spent with people who actually care about you.
I'd pretend nothing happened, treat them in a civil, friendly manner. If they want to hold a grudge, that's their heart attack waiting to happen, not yours. Just focus on your great life and family, not people who just give you grief and can't accept an apology.