PDA

View Full Version : Quick update on us...

MamaKath
07-08-2009, 11:01 PM
I had a couple people asked how my husband's surgery had gone, I wanted to check in. It has been a very difficult few months for our family! Surgery went ok. 2 weeks of DH not being able to get around well, then a walking cast. He ended up home for 2 months. His foot is still not good, and the other foot still needs the same operation. We don't know what the longterm will bring and continue to pray that the nerves will heal/regenerate to allow him to return to the things he loves!!! As stressful as my job has been this last year, I am relieved to have it and my small paycheck coming in, especially with him home.

During that time he was home his mom fell and broke her neck, so we had some emergency traveling thrown in. Our family lives in their area, so the kids were able to see cousins, aunt and uncles and grandparents in that trip, something pretty rare. Luckily MIL not only survived, but is able to be home now, though she has some new struggles to face each day.

I was able to go away with the kids for a few days on my own, something they had looked forward too since last summer! We had the dishwasher break, so had to go order a new one. My minivan got stolen while we we at the mall getting the dishwasher, so now we are just kind of trapped home. In a couple weeks I'll be getting my tonsils out, then back to school.

All in all it has been one of the worst spring/summer times we have had!!! I am trying to face life with flexibility, something that doesn't come easily when there is so much uncertainty. There have been things that are blessings- my dh and I are working on our relationship, I still have a job, my kids have been pretty healthy- even with our struggles with ds- and are doing well. I am trying to remember to find blessings in the small things, but man it is rough sometimes.

I miss you guys! I am sort of around, lol, and am glad to see some familiar faces and lots of new faces!!!! Congrats on all the new babies, new pregnancies, big triumphs in your little guys lives and in your own lives!!! It is amazing to see the blessings in the great circle of life.

Blessings,

LD92599
07-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Kathy it's so good to see a post from you! You've definitely had your share of ups & downs for 2009, wow. Sounds like your MIL really made a surprising comeback plus some family visits mixed in.

Hopefully you'll be around these boards more often! Have you gotten back up to NJ lately?

MamaKath
07-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Hopefully you'll be around these boards more often! Have you gotten back up to NJ lately?
I'll try to be around a bit more! :-)
MIL is in Morris County so when we were up, that was the area we were in. We'll get to the shore for a couple days, but no car is killing my chances of getting up there much more. :-(

gatorsmom
07-08-2009, 11:13 PM
So good to see you around. There was a post a few weeks ago wondering what was up with you. Wow, what a year for your family!!! Glad to see you've made it over the hurdles.

Please pop in more often!

KpbS
07-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Wow you have had lot going on! Goodness gracious--P+PT headed your way. Hope your DH continues to improve and your MIL too. Glad things are good w/ you and DH and the kiddos are healthy. Can insurance replace your van?
Hope the 2nd half of your summer is much better than the first.

:grouphug:

MamaKath
07-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Can insurance replace your van?

Hopefully they'll give us something. It was a 2002 Dodge so I can't expect much, but it was mine and paid off and ran well, ya know? So we'll see. They wait quite awhile to see if it "turns up". Dh may just get a beater and I may take his little car. I am so missing the van and it was partially packed for us to go away so it just made it worse. :-( Oh well!

MamaKath
07-08-2009, 11:25 PM
So good to see you around. There was a post a few weeks ago wondering what was up with you. Wow, what a year for your family!!! Glad to see you've made it over the hurdles.

Please pop in more often!
Thanks Lisa! I'll pop in as I am able. :-)

ha98ed14
07-08-2009, 11:38 PM
I have missed seeing your bird avatar around. I love that pic and was wondering how you are. I'm sorry you have had such a rough time (minivan and the dishwasher at the same time! What are the odds?) I know what you mean about trying to stay grateful when times are hard. Sending P&PTs your way.

shawnandangel
07-08-2009, 11:41 PM
We've missed you! Glad to hear from you! I'm so sorry to hear about all of your struggles, but you seem to have a pretty good attitude! I'll continue to pray for your family. I really hope your insurance company comes through for you!

kijip
07-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Curses on anyone that steals a minivan.

Sorry it has been such an "exciting" time.

:hug:

Good to see you.

Never got to thank you for being our name benefactor- it was your name suggestion that we fell in love with and used with F!

MamaKath
07-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I have missed seeing your bird avatar around. I love that pic and was wondering how you are. I'm sorry you have had such a rough time (minivan and the dishwasher at the same time! What are the odds?) I know what you mean about trying to stay grateful when times are hard. Sending P&PTs your way.
Thanks for the p&pt! I almost changed the avatar this past spring, glad someone likes it. :-)

MamaKath
07-09-2009, 09:37 AM
We've missed you! Glad to hear from you! I'm so sorry to hear about all of your struggles, but you seem to have a pretty good attitude! I'll continue to pray for your family. I really hope your insurance company comes through for you!
Thanks Angelina we can use the prayers!!!

MamaKath
07-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Curses on anyone that steals a minivan.

Sorry it has been such an "exciting" time.

:hug:

Good to see you.

Never got to thank you for being our name benefactor- it was your name suggestion that we fell in love with and used with F!
I agree on the curses thing, especially when they see kid stuff like carseats inside. It is just wrong!!!

That is so cool about F's name!!! I love it and it go's well with T's. How did the rest of T's school year go? I keep you in thought !

LBW
07-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Yep, there's a special place in he!! for people who steal minivans, strollers, bikes, etc.

I'm so sorry that you've had so many challenges this spring/summer, but amazingly, you seem to be finding the positives. That's fantastic!

I'm in Morris County, so if you are ever visiting and need help or a playdate, let me know!

MamaKath
07-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Yep, there's a special place in he!! for people who steal minivans, strollers, bikes, etc.

I'm so sorry that you've had so many challenges this spring/summer, but amazingly, you seem to be finding the positives. That's fantastic!

I'm in Morris County, so if you are ever visiting and need help or a playdate, let me know!

((Tara)) I hope you are right about people who steal minivans, strollers, etc. I am working hard to remain positive, I do have a breaking point that feels like is inching closer. If we get back up to Morris I will let you know. My kids may head to my folks in a week and a half while I recuperate from surgery, but I won't get to go then. I am figuring it has to get better sometime!

dylansnan
07-09-2009, 07:37 PM
{{Kath}} Sorry to hear about the struggles in your family. Lots of hugs and positive thoughts headed your way. I think of you whenever I am on this board or Swap. Hope to "see" you around more.

~Cindy

MontrealMum
07-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Hi Kathy! Good to see you here and hear about things, though I am so sorry that it's been so awful. You guys have really been through the wringer lately! Here's hoping that things get better soon :)

MamaKath
07-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Thanks Cindy, you'll still "see" me around occassionally. :-)

Molly that you for the kind words. Wringer is certainly a perfect description. It has been a very difficult week for a variety of things since I posted, it is good to know you are thinking of us!!!

bubbaray
07-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Hey Kath! :wavey: Missed ya!!

Oh my, what a spring. Wow. P&PT coming your way. Many many huge hugs to you and your family!

PS good luck with your surgery -- keep us posted, 'k?

MamaKath
07-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Hi Melissa! Thanks, I missed you too!!! :) This week has only gotten wackier and wackier. I'll post more when insurance straightens that part out. I'll post after the tonsils definitely. I am nervous, but it needs to be done.

ThreeofUs
07-14-2009, 10:53 AM
I missed this post, but wanted to add some support. Hugs to you and your family!

While it sounds like a horrible, awful season for you, it also sounds like you're making good progress. But who the heck steals a minivan?!?! There must be a special place reserved for such people. *argh*

Good luck with your surgery, and may you need to eat a lot of ice cream and never gain an ounce!

{{hugs}} again. Be well!