PDA

View Full Version : Self checkout at the supermarket is NOT for...

MMMommy
07-09-2009, 12:43 AM
someone who has the equivalent of 3 full shopping cart loads of groceries. There were maybe 3 self checkout lanes open, and I swear the woman had about 3 full shopping card loads of groceries. She must have been standing and scanning each item for a good 20 minutes. And practically every other item resulted in some faulty scan that required the market's employee to assist her each time. At that rate, I think using the regular checkout would have been a better idea.

ellies mom
07-09-2009, 12:50 AM
:yeahthat:

And it is also not for people writing checks. The whole point of self-check is to avoid human interaction. Writing a check just defeats the entire purpose.

maestramommy
07-09-2009, 09:37 PM
psa: also not to be used when you have 2 toddlers with you, one being a very cranky 3yo

lilycat88
07-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Neither is the check-out in the garden center. We were at Wal-mart to puchase a bag of potting soil and got in line...the ONLY check-out in the garden center...behind a couple who had an entire cart full to overflowing everything from laundry detergent to pork chops. Yes, I'd certainly want MY groceries going across the scanner that grass and bug killer went over.