PDA

View Full Version : Invitation Wording Help

AbbysMom
07-09-2009, 10:03 AM
I am planning my daughter's 1st birthday party that we are having at a farm in the fall. (I know I'm early but I posted an alchemy request on etsy and someone has already come up with a beautiful invitation so I figure I might as well order the invites now!) I am trying to come up with wording for the invite. We are doing a hayride for the 1st hour and then a picnic lunch. I want to make it clear on the invite that kids get to pick a pumpkin and take it as their favor (it's part of the cost of the party). I saw this wording and liked it:

"Join us on a hayride for lots of fun outside.
We’ll get to see the horses and the goats too.
And the best part will be picking out a pumpkin to take home with you!"

But I think it makes it look like adults get free pumpkins too. Anyone have any ideas how to word the invite? Has anyone ever had a party like this and be willing to share what their invite said? Thanks!

LBW
07-09-2009, 10:07 AM
The wording is really cute! If you address the invites to the kids, then I would hope the adults would know they aren't getting pumpkins, too. But, of course, you always get a few people who will try to take advantage no matter what you do!

The party sounds great - I love parties at our local farms.

AbbysMom
07-09-2009, 10:09 AM
The problem is: she's turning 1 and it's a family party so there's a lot of people without kids who are invited.

I am so excited - I love the fall and the farm!

TwinFoxes
07-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Couldn't you just say "And all of the kids get to pick a pumpkin to take home!" You can keep the rest of your wording.

I can't imagine adults will be upset they don't get a pumpkin...I would personally be glad I didn't have to take a pumpkin home.

Zoey187
07-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Not the best but maybe you can fix it up some more?

Come join us on the farm for a hayride and some lunch.
See the horses and the goats which I’m sure you’ll like a bunch
Don’t forget “Happy Birthday” and the cake and ice cream too!
Kids, pick out a pumpkin that you can take home with you.