PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for help in finding the perfect diaper bag

DeeMom
07-09-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm a newbie mom looking for some help in finding the ultimate diaper bag.

I currently have a Skip Hop messenger bag. I like that it attaches to the stroller, but it's too heavy and it's hard to find things in the bag without taking everything out.

I am looking for a light, stylish bag that has a wide opening, so I can see everything that is inside. I am willing to pay more, if the bag is worth it. I am a new mom, so I want the bag to last for more than one child.

Please send me your suggestions! Thank you!
:bowdown:

ang79
07-10-2009, 01:24 PM
If you want it to last a long time and still look great, check out JuJuBe bags. They have lots of neat features (tons of pockets, easy to clean, machine washable, etc.) A bit on the heavier side but this hasn't been a problem for me yet. New, the price is high, but you can find gently used ones for great deals at the Pink Room forum on the JuJuBe site.

My other current faves are the Lexie Barnes Darling (discontinued but you can still find nice used ones on the babybags yahoo group), Babymel Amanda, JuJuBe Packabe, and Amy Kathryn Gladiola (though this one doesn't seem as sturdy as the rest). You might want to check out Fleurville as well. The ReRun Hana gets lots of great reviews.

GL!

jbrandy
07-17-2009, 06:18 PM
I just have to tell you that I also have the Skip Hop messanger bag and have the same issue you do. But....I just got a Fluerville Sling tote and LOVE IT!!!! This bag normally runs around $150 but I got mine for $48 on mamabargains.com. Apparently they come up pretty regularly on that site so if you're interested just keep checking back on the website. This bag comes with the stroller attachements as well. It has shoulder straps and a messager bag strap as well.

I also have jujube's and like some of them. But the larger one -- jujube spicy I found to be too bulky even empty.

I hope this helps!

3blackcats
07-18-2009, 06:07 PM
I love my Lexie Barnes darling, it's the best bag!

gatorsmom
07-18-2009, 11:46 PM
I was just thinking today that i should post another review of my Jujube Packabe bag. I've had it for 2.5 years now and it has been my only diaper bag. it is always crammed full of stuff and it gets thrown down, knocked around all the time. It still looks fantastic. Nothing is torn, the edges aren't frayed, the elastic is still working- it just looks great. I'm really impressed because I've gone through some expensive diaper bags in the past 6 years. This one is fantastic quality. I wish I'd found it first!