PDA

View Full Version : Why bother?

arivecchi
07-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Why bust my a#$%! to go to a good college and grad school? Why work for 10 years to be able to get a home and start a family? Why work hard to have to sell my house at a huge loss and wipe out all of our hard-earned equity? I'm just disgusted right now. The end.

mytwosons
07-09-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm sorry. That really sucks....

niccig
07-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I hope things start to look better. :hug5:

arivecchi
07-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the support. I'm feeling a tiny bit better today.

mommylamb
07-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Yuck.. that stinks. You're not alone. We're lucky becuase we don't have to move, but it kills me how much money we've lost on the value of our house. I just hope it goes back up.

MamaMolly
07-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Is there any way you can hang on to it for a while? Maybe rent it out? Maybe in a couple of years the equity would go back up.

arivecchi
07-10-2009, 02:45 PM
The renting idea is not a bad one. I will run it past DH. I wish we could keep the house longer because I love it. My DH got "promoted" but his firm is actually now taking huge chunks out of his paycheck for retirement, firm contributions and his taxes shot up, so his income is actualy less than before!!! And in this wonderful economy, we are pretty sure his bonus will be 0. It is just too much stress to keep the house right now, but it makes me sick to think that we will lose so much money. We will see what happens, but again, thanks for the rental idea.