PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville Re-Run Messenger v. Petunia PB Boxy backpack. Please help decide!

betsyab
07-09-2009, 05:22 PM
What do you think? I love both of these, looking for something that won't overwhelm a petite frame, will allow me to be hands free, is wipeable, and highly functional.

BayAreaMom
07-14-2009, 08:23 PM
I see no one has responded :(
These are very different bags. I'd suggest you post your Q at the "babybags" yahoo board instead- there are lots of bag experts there who can help you. You can also get amazing deals on used bags there and at The Pink Room- Garage Sale (http://www.ju-ju-be.com/PinkRoom/viewforum.php?f=125&sid=282237ffa302736dbac402dead746b76)
If you can wait longer, both PPB and Fleurville have seconds sales on their websites a few times/year, and you can find great bargains, but the selection is quite limited so I wouldn't count on finding the exact bag you want there.

Good luck!
Darcy

aajamu
07-16-2009, 03:49 PM
I am a huge fan of the PPB Boxy Backpack. It is a great size if you have a newborn or 2 kids under 4. It is high quality, well organized, and you can wear it backpack style, shoulder style, or messenger. The side pockets fit Kleen Kanteens. 2 interior sippy pockets too. Extra long changing pad (over 27 inches, I believe). Versatile and gorgeous. Probably my favorite bag on the market.

The FV Re-Run messenger is also nice (especially the Ogo print) but it didn't have the pockets I needed and wasn't as well organized. Plus, I could not wear it backpack style. I did appreciate the eco-fabric and the nice print, but it wasn't quite as useful to me as the Boxy Backpack.