PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella...

HELPME
07-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Ok - it's been many years since I've looked at any Disney-type fairy tales. Can someone refresh my memory of the story of Cinderella? Is the step-mother actually a witch? What other characters are in story? Is it at all scary for little, little kids (2-3 yrs.)

Thanks.

shawnandangel
07-09-2009, 06:12 PM
There are no witches in Cinderella. The step-mother is just very cruel to Cinderella by making her do all the work around the house while the step-mother's 3 daughters do nothing.

A fairy comes and turns a pumpkin into a carriage so cinderella can go to the ball where the prince is going to choose a bride.

Cinderella and the prince dance but cinderella has to be gone by midnight and in her rush to be gone before her dress turns to rags she leaves a shoe behind.

The prince searches the land for a lady whose foot will fit the glass slipper cinderella left behind. He finally finds cinderella and they live happily ever after.

s7714
07-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Are you specifically asking about the Disney version or just in general? If you mean in general, then you're going to find every variation from here to there. We recently read a Latino version where the stepmother was indeed a witch.

If you mean the Disney version, then no the stepmother was not a witch in the literal sense. Just mean. Whether or not it's too much for a 2-3 year old, it depends on the child. My DDs both saw it when they were around 3 and had no issues with it.

rlu
07-09-2009, 06:25 PM
And if you mean the disney version, there are singing mice who help her (along with the birds). This is DS fav part, but overall he's not a big fan, in fact, I don't think we ever finished watching it.

As to princess movies, DS prefers Sleeping Beauty with the dragon. (Overall fav Disney are Rescuers, Peter Pan, Jungle Book and 101 Dalmations). I don't remember if DS was 3 or a little older when we introduced the "scary" Disney movies (as opposed to Winnie the Pooh).