PDA

View Full Version : Toy ideas for my 2yr old DD?

wendibird22
07-09-2009, 09:09 PM
DD is turning 2 at the end of the month and DH and I are stumped as to what to get her. We feel like she's developmentally outgrown most of her toys but aren't sure what to replace them with. She's a very bright child and learns things quickly. She'll master a puzzle in a few tries then get bored with it.

She currently has/uses/likes:
puzzles (although most of the MD wood puzzles are too easy for her already..except for the alphabet/numbers/shapes..her current favorite is a 34 piecer jumbo cardboard puzzle)

play kitchen (she's getting food for it but currently doesn't have any food/accessories)

baby doll (she has 1 nice one and has recently gotten into her) with vintage wood highchair and crib

assorted little people/weebles (these are hand me downs and she'll play a little with them but not too much)

blocks (we have foam, wooden, and duplo and she likes to stack and knock down)

She's outgrown/no longer seems interested in:
FP counting piggy bank
shape sorter
pop it beads
music instruments (piano and drum)
FP vacuum
ball popper
see and say

Any ideas??

newg
07-09-2009, 09:27 PM
What about a shopping cart or stroller? I've seen some pretty nice MD puzzles that have higher age recommendations (2+, 3+)...some of them look really cool; they have other wooden toys as well........what about a crazy coupe car or art supplies?