PDA

View Full Version : Vomit in the Foyer! Diarrhea in the Living Room! Help!

BigDog
07-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Came home to dog barf on the foyer floor, and a HUGE pile of doggy diarrhea on my nice living room carpet. And I'm not talking the product of a chihuahua either... we have a St. Bernard. This is the first time ever that poochie pooh'd in the house - he must've had a major stomach attack. Anyhow, got both messes up, but what do I use now to really clean the carpet and get rid of lingering odor? Any help is appreciated!

elliput
07-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Nature's Miracle! Get the gallon size- it's worth it.

jacksmomtobe
07-09-2009, 09:53 PM
We have a Lab who's been known to eat too many sticks, papertowels, etc and we've found that Nature's Miracle works fairly well. You can get it at Petco and now we keep it on hand in the big gallon jugs. Also baking soda might help with the smell.

rwiklendt
07-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Sitting out a few small bowls of white vinegar will help with the smell.... I've been known to spray it right on the carpet/floor. I use vinegar and water to clean windows, floors, etc. so I have it on hand in the spray bottle.

Clarity
07-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I third Nature's Miracle and second the Vinegar. My dog had occasional odor issues and I often scrubbed it with vinegar and water to neutralize the odor. I'd follow up w/Nature's Miracle though.

BigDog
07-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Thanks everyone for your advice! I used vinegar, water, and a little dishsoap first, then I applied Nature's Miracle and let that sit for a while, and then I sprinkled on some baking soda which I'll let sit overnight. If that doesn't do the trick, I'll go crazy with the Nature's Miracle again tomorrow!

JamiMac
07-09-2009, 11:39 PM
I can totally sympathize on St. Bernard poop. We had a HUGE male that had tummy problems once too. We used vinegar and Nature's Miracle also. I think it really prepared me for childhood to have the dogs first. :) Not much grosses me out now.