PDA

View Full Version : Kirkland diapers as good as Pampers Swaddlers?

Jennifer626
07-10-2009, 12:59 AM
My daycare lady found a TON of Kirkland (Costco brand) size 1/2 and gave them to us. Currently we have her in Pampers Swaddlers size 1, and those are working really well for her. If you've tried both, how do the Kirklands compare? Should I use them or just pass them on to a friend that has more need for free diapers? I don't want to even try them if they're horrible quality...but everything else Kirkland that I have used I have LOVED so I'm thinking theymight be actually decent diapers?

Thanks!!

KarenLud
07-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Well I haven't used the Kirkland brand but we were just there the other day comparing diapers. Kirkland appears to be the same as Huggies brand. Right now, Huggies aren't working for us. DS is in a 1 and because his poop is so soft/runny we often have the poop up the back problem with them. That said, I'm still using up the Huggies we have received as gifts. Free diapers are free diapers. The problem isn't bad enough for me not to use them. That said, I've heard that once they start with solids and their poop is more solid, that Huggies/Kirkland are fine.

happymom
07-10-2009, 01:48 AM
DD is 7 months and we've been using Kirkland all along with no problem. We love them. At one point she was leaking a bit from them, but we just went up to the next size and the leaking stopped. PP is right- they are comparable to huggies, not pampers. Most of my friends swear by pampers so we tried them and actually liked kirkland better. However, I do know that many people find that kirkland diapers leak. I say try them- just dont put on DC's best outfit that day!

twowhat?
07-10-2009, 02:00 AM
Kirklands works great for us and our girls are exclusively breastfed so we are talking about some pretty runny poop. We tried several other generics and they leaked more frequently. Kirklands leaked less and we would use them overnight and when going out or if they were wearing something we didn't want soiled:) The only thing that was more leakproof for us was cloth diapers.

Pampers worked great while we used them, but I absolutely hated that perfumey smell which, oddly, makes breastfed poop smell bad (and breastfed poop does NOT smell bad!). My husband and I would joke that they added the perfume in so that it would react with poop to smell extra bad so that you could tell the diaper needed changing. Pampers are softer though....and expensive.

Vintheland
07-16-2009, 08:53 PM
I would definately take them, especially since they are free!
I had success with Kirkland diapers in size 1/2. Not so much in the larger sizes (leaks). You'll find that they aren't as soft as Pampers but other than that I think they work pretty well.

prego08
07-17-2009, 12:46 AM
i used the kirkland 1-2 diapers simultaneously with pampers swaddlers size 1 (my mom picked up the kirklands at costco while i had just ordered the swaddlers online). i feel the kirkland ones are stretchier around the thighs. swaddlers are definitely softer. DS didn't seem to mind either. you may want to take them since you may find that one will work better over the other just depending on where your baby is gaining weight. after we ran out of the kirklands, i continued getting the pampers though.

nrp
07-17-2009, 03:21 AM
I tended to like the swaddlers better for sizes 1-2, but we buy almost all Kirkland diapers after that. I wouldn't hesitate to use them if they're free, although it is a nice idea to pass them along to someone who could really use them more.

swrc00
07-17-2009, 08:53 AM
We have exclusively used Kirkland since DS was in a size 2. We have never had any leaks or problems. They are the exact same thing as Huggies Supremes. If you hold them next to each other you will see the only difference is the designs on them.

swrc00
07-17-2009, 09:02 AM
We have exclusively used Kirkland since DS was in a size 2. We have never had any leaks or problems. They are the exact same thing as Huggies Supremes. If you hold them next to each other you will see the only difference is the designs on them.

cindys
07-17-2009, 03:31 PM
After my 3yr old got out of size 1 pampers we went to the Kirkland brand and loved them until he was potty trained..We also LOVE their brand of baby wipes...

I also have a 9month old and we got so many pampers that what we have been using mostly but they seem to be giving him a rash so we are swiching to Kirkland.

I didnt like Huggies for any of my boys(i have 3) they always leaked and Costco doesnt sell pampers which is why we decided to try Kirkland and I am glad we did!

stinkyfeet
07-17-2009, 10:13 PM
My DS wore Swaddlers until size 2--it was a great diaper! However, I wanted to try other diapers now that he is a size 3. I wanted to try Kirkland diapers because I read so many great reviews on the Costco website. We are using both Huggies and Kirkland diapers at the same time, and I really can't tell the difference between the two.

Like the pp, I like that Kirkland and Huggies don't have a purfume smell.

The Kirkland and Huggies diapers are not as soft as Swaddlers, but I don't think that there are many soft sposies out there when you get to a size 3--I read reviews that Huggies Pure & Natural are very soft, but they are about 50 cents per diaper!

HTH!:thumbsup: