PDA

View Full Version : going to the Eric Carle museum today - UPDATED with review

justincase
07-10-2009, 06:40 AM
My first big solo drive with both DCs, 2.5 hours each way... I feel a little crazy thinking about it. :dizzy: DS is either angel or devil in the car. My sister is meeting us so I'll have company once we get there. Do they allow strollers? I can't seem to find it on their website but they talk about no large bags so that makes me think twice. DD will be in the Moby mostly but it would be nice to have a stroller, I think? Or not? Anything else crucial to know? No one here is any help; my friends all think I'm crazy to drive so far. You can't let where you live stop you from doing stuff you want to do, KWIM?

TonFirst
07-10-2009, 10:00 AM
I don't think you're crazy at all! That sounds like a great day trip and I'm just jealous that I don't live closer to the Eric Carle museum. I'm sorry I don't have any museum-specific tips, but I know that when my youngest was that age, I always put her in the sling when we went to the zoo or the aquarium. I'd bring the stroller, that way, if you can use it, you have it, but if you can't, you should be fine with the Moby. Have fun!

justincase
07-11-2009, 10:09 AM
It was awesome! I wish we lived closer and could go more frequently. What a beautiful and stimulating and child-friendly place. DD slept the whole way both ways, and while there was either (a) asleep in the Moby, (b) BFing, (c) happy in the Moby looking all around at the bright colors, or (d) being carried around by her doting Aunty. Not one second of fuss. DS was whiny in the car on the way there and not on his best behavior for the day but not on his worst, either. He couldn't have cared less about the actual exhibits and I didn't get to look as carefully at the Pooh exhibit as I wanted to, but he *loved* the toys, books, and art studio. Seriously, my sister must have read him about 40 books. And he slept hard all the way home. What a neat place. Highly recommend to anyone! Oh, and, I left mine in the car but strollers are allowed. And if you can give up a day of sunshine, go on a nice summer day when everyone else is doing outdoor stuff -- we practically had the place to ourselves.