PDA

View Full Version : travel high chair

Mrs. O
07-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions for travel high chairs? Either the kind that hooks onto a table or straps onto a chair? I have been thinking about getting one, especially with summer picnics, camping, etc...My curious little girl doesn't want to sit still to eat unless she is a bit more confined, like in a chair. We have put her in her stroller, but that is not always a viable option. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

twowhat?
07-10-2009, 09:50 AM
You might consider the IKEA Antilop high chair. It's pretty portable (pop off the legs) and then you don't have to rely on having a stable enough table or chair to hook on a high chair (esp if you are going to be outdoors).

jerigirl
07-10-2009, 10:27 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Care-Booster-Seat/dp/B000WU3DVG
We have this one in the blue/green colors. Been very happy with it. Target and Walmart usually have it for around $25.

zag95
07-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Also recommend the Fisher Price HC Booster- we love ours!

newg
07-10-2009, 10:59 AM
also have the FP highchair booster....it's great....I love that it straps to the back of the chair and around the bottom, so there is no way DD is going anywhere..not matter how much she moved in it...

arivecchi
07-10-2009, 11:01 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Care-Booster-Seat/dp/B000WU3DVG
We have this one in the blue/green colors. Been very happy with it. Target and Walmart usually have it for around $25.:yeahthat:

researchedout
07-10-2009, 01:20 PM
ditto FP. No complaints about it.

neeleymartin
07-10-2009, 02:37 PM
you must get the phil and ted meToo. we ahve used it since ds was able to sit up unassisted. we get many, many compliments. it can fit in our diaper bag too. the best. doesn't have the huge arms that the others do. we have red and just love it.

http://www.amazon.com/Phil-Ted%2527s-MeToo-Chair-Navy/dp/B000H6UXM2

shop around amazon, some have free shipping. they also sell at target.com. this is where i bought ours. hth.

Neatfreak
07-10-2009, 07:45 PM
I have a Fisher Price Healthy Care, but I am coveting a P&T meToo chair. It would take up so much less room in my suitcase!

baileygirl
07-10-2009, 08:52 PM
I'll second the Me Too chair. We bought it when ds was around 6 months and used it until he was close to 2 years. When ds was around 9 months we tagged along on a business trip with dh to London. I loved that it fit so easily in the Skip Hop diaper bag (and wasn't heavy), so I carried it in the bag and DS in a Beco (we literally walked 5+ miles a day like that). I probably used it on at least 100 tables, and could only think of a couple it didn't work on. I wouldn't use it on a table that tips easily. Other then that we only found one table that was too thick for it.

hillview
07-10-2009, 09:23 PM
you must get the phil and ted meToo. .
:yeahthat:
/hillary

GraceH
07-14-2009, 01:32 AM
We've used the Chicco red caddy hook-on chair for camping... I like that it snugs nicely to picnic tables. In non-table instances, stroller feeding often happens.