PDA

View Full Version : can you stand more laundry talk?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
07-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Once the house sells I'm eager to get a new washer/dryer set. I prefer a top loader myself and I've noticed that some of the newer models don't have an adjitator(sp) pole in the center. Has anyone tried one of these? I'm not sure if the clothing would come as clean.

Right now there's so much laundry to do and we'll have 6 people in our home so yes bulk is a big consideration. The priorites for the washer are cleaning,bulk,water usage. Anyone used one of these or something else similar?

ha98ed14
07-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Right now there's so much laundry to do and we'll have 6 people in our home so yes bulk is a big consideration...

Six? Ok, You, DH, and the three DC. That is 5. Do you have something to tell us?

I am also interested to hear what other folks say about no agitator top-loaders. One thing I have read is that the clothes get really twisted up and tangled and it can stretch items out of shape. But that is just from reading reviews, no BTDT.

Indianamom2
07-10-2009, 05:38 PM
I just got (about a month ago) a new Maytag Bravos washer and dryer set. The dryer is like most dryers, nothing fancy, but the washer I love so far.

I believe it is the largest capacity top-loading washer on the market. It sounds very similar to the Whirlpool Cabrio without an agitator. I can put a TON of laundry, including bulky items (I think it would easily hold a king size comforter) in it and it washes everything just great. Mine has a steam/sanitize setting (haven't used it yet) and special settings for sheets or bulky items. It is HE and uses a similar amount of water as the front loading models, but holds way more than most front-loaders.

The main complaint about the agitator-less models is tangling of clothes, but so far, I haven't had any issues with that. (And I was WAY, WAY behind on laundry, so I have done a ton.) I would even say it tangles things less than my old basic top loading agitator model.

So, so far, I give it high marks.

Good luck, it's mind boggling to try to decide.

Christina

ThreeofUs
07-10-2009, 05:40 PM
I've posted before, but I feel strongly enough to post here, too. IME: Beware the Cabrio! It's an HE top loader without a center agitator. Ours has eaten our clothes, and really doesn't get them clean.

trentsmom
07-10-2009, 06:27 PM
I've learned lots from this message board: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/laundry/
(http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/laundry/)

elaineandmichaelsmommy
07-11-2009, 03:16 AM
sorry for the confusion. Yes we'll be adding another member of the family to our household when we move. My mil will be residing in a basement apt. that we're constructing for her. She approached us and asked us to take over her home. So no mortgage payments for us and we'll be in one of the best school districts in our state.

This wasn't a decision reached easily but I hope it works and dh has sworn that we'll give it a year and if it's not working we'll bail and get a rental. So there you go. We'd have to be moving regardless since we've outgrown our home.

So yes-3 adults and 3 children.

AngelaS
07-11-2009, 08:44 AM
I have a Cabrio and I LOVE it! :) I use Tide in it and while occasionally things get really twisted--like sheets--overall, it's not that big of deal. I love that if I want, it can really hold a lot and I like how much water it takes out at the end so that my stuff dries a lot faster! :)