PDA

View Full Version : What is this? fluttery tummy

deborah_r
07-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Past two days, I am feeling this fluttery thing in my abdomen, I think. Not sure the exact location. I'm one of those annoying women who never could tell the position of her uterus and all that stuff. Feels like when I was pregnant and I would feel the baby. I have zero expectation that I could be pregnant, but now I am starting to worry because with the IUD I don't really get a period so I wouldn't know if I missed one. But surely I wouldn 't feel baby movement at such an early stage.

This is the crazy dialogue going on in my head. Welcome to my brain.

So, has anyone else expreienced this?

ha98ed14
07-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Sometimes I feel a weird moving feeling in my lower abdomen. It feels like what I remember feeling when I was preggo with DD and I would feel her move at 5+ months preggo. I do not remember having these feelings in my abdomen in my pre-preggo body. But I KNOW I am not preggo again. So I just attribute it to things moving back into place... even tho it was 2+ years ago. But I *do* have a good friend whose DDs are 11 months apart. She was 5 months along before she figured out she was pregnant with DD2. So you may want to go buy yourself some pee stix. ;)

Fairy
07-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Peeeeee teeeest . . .

deborah_r
07-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Peeeeee teeeest . . .

I am not that brave.

It can't be. I have one more year of BFing DS2, then I get my body back. Right? RIGHT???

Raidra
07-10-2009, 06:44 PM
From what I've heard, "phantom baby" sensations are pretty common after pregnancy. Even if that pregnancy was a while ago. :) I know I feel them from time to time. Maybe it's just gas that we wouldn't have noticed before babies, but we got so attuned to focusing on that area while pregnant that we still notice every little twitch.

Sure, pee on a stick if you want, but I wouldn't worry.

gatorsmom
07-10-2009, 06:45 PM
I am not that brave.

It can't be. I have one more year of BFing DS2, then I get my body back. Right? RIGHT???

Personally, I think having gas feels a LOT like baby kicks. What did you eat today or is this a everyday occurance?

If you have this regularly AND you are eating a varied diet, then I would agree with fairy- peeeee teeessst time!

ETA: Let us KNOW!!!!

o_mom
07-10-2009, 06:50 PM
POAS to be sure, but probably gas or internal organs moving about. I get them all the time and have the same freaky thoughts (also no period because of the IUD).

bubbaray
07-10-2009, 06:52 PM
I dunno, I've never felt anything like the early baby movement/fluttering except when I've been PG.

I'm with Fairy. TEST!

happymom
07-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Yup, I've felt those "phantom baby" movements too. Definitely a weird feeling but supposedly common!

s7714
07-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Yup, I've felt those "phantom baby" movements too. Definitely a weird feeling but supposedly common!

Same here! Sometimes they're so familiar to a baby moving I do question whether a pee test is needed though!

SnuggleBuggles
07-10-2009, 08:24 PM
I get those from time to tome too. They really make me wonder but then I do the math and know I couldn't be pg, let alone far enough along to feel something.

Beth

jellibeans
07-10-2009, 08:53 PM
I never felt gas until after I had my babies and now I feel it a lot. I was also cconcerned that I was pregnant but the tests were negative. It could be gas. So don't panic.

lizajane
07-10-2009, 09:33 PM
ha ha! i had that. before i was diagnosed with celiac disease and went gluten free. i think it is gas.

Snow mom
07-10-2009, 09:34 PM
I remember hearing that the early baby movements feel like gas moving around. A few months after DD was born I started noticing what felt like a baby moving around and chalked it up gas moving around. I guess I never took much note of the sensation before I was pg because I don't really remember it from before.

salsah
07-11-2009, 01:14 AM
i have felt that too recently and i am sure that i am not pregnant. i also feel gas now too so i just assume that the fluttering is gas.

infomama
07-11-2009, 02:07 AM
I've felt those fluttery feelings and my first thought is always OMG I'm preggers! ...but I never am. Gas is my thought.

MommyAllison
07-11-2009, 02:36 AM
I've had that after both kids, and started a thread asking about it a couple years ago! :) It seems pretty common from the responses I got.