PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun - who would you like to meet from this board if you could?

arivecchi
07-10-2009, 06:06 PM
There are so many people on the board that I like and think it would be so cool to meet them. Anyone feel the same way?

Some of the members that I would love to meet so far: (I'm sure I can think of more):

jacksmomma
fairy
watching them grow
jools
strollerqueen
wellyes
tiapam
niccig
mommylamb
mammamolly
gatorsmom
krism
kijip
monneypenny

I could go on and on.... Too many cool mamas here!

KpbS
07-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Anyone really--a meetup sounds fun to me. :)

ciw
07-10-2009, 07:22 PM
I want to go shopping with Melaine!

mom2binsd
07-10-2009, 07:51 PM
I think it would be great to meet just about anyone-

I don't want to make a list and inadvertently leave out someone/make anyone feel less important....everyday either a veteran boardie or newbie has something to contribute and they make me think differently, smile, laugh, cry....

Meeting up with local folks might be fun, but sometimes the anonymity of the board is what make it so great too!

mommyp
07-10-2009, 08:06 PM

I don't want to make a list and inadvertently leave out someone/make anyone feel less important....everyday either a veteran boardie or newbie has something to contribute and they make me think differently, smile, laugh, cry....

Meeting up with local folks might be fun, but sometimes the anonymity of the board is what make it so great too!

:yeahthat:

Pennylane
07-10-2009, 08:10 PM

Totally agree!

Ann

jgenie
07-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Anyone really--a meetup sounds fun to me. :)

bubbaray
07-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Just about anyone and everyone! :)

:wavey:

jgenie
07-10-2009, 08:15 PM

Yup, me too - maybe she'll give guided trips before the holidays!!! :D

MontrealMum
07-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Just about anyone and everyone! :)

:wavey:

Me too!....

kijip
07-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Ariveraz of course.

And anyone else. Though, I am SUCH a BAD BBB mom. I generally hate shopping. So meet me in my backyard for BBQ and beers. :tongue5:

giavila
07-10-2009, 08:38 PM
So many of you! I don't post often, but I've been here reading almost daily for 5 years now. I've learned so much from you ladies.

BabyMine
07-10-2009, 09:01 PM
I think we should all pick a state in the middle and we meet up once a year.

JMS
07-10-2009, 09:21 PM

That happened a couple time years ago - I'm not sure why it stopped. Maybe you could organize and plan the next meet up :)

MamaMolly
07-10-2009, 09:26 PM
I'd love to meet everybody, too! But I have to say I LOVE being able to :bag while b!tching about DH! To the point that I've started being really selective about who I tell about the boards. I mostly urge perfect strangers to join, you know, that bleary eyed new or soon-to-be mom you see scratching her head in the baby care aisle in Target :) But to my friends IRL you guys are my secret!

lizajane
07-10-2009, 09:31 PM
quick!!! someone say me before i cry!!!

cdlamis
07-10-2009, 09:37 PM

Actually, I would love to meet you- truthfully! And not just because you asked. :)

arivecchi
07-10-2009, 09:40 PM
I'd love to meet everybody, too! But I have to say I LOVE being able to :bag while b!tching about DH! To the point that I've started being really selective about who I tell about the boards. I mostly urge perfect strangers to join, you know, that bleary eyed new or soon-to-be mom you see scratching her head in the baby care aisle in Target :) But to my friends IRL you guys are my secret! Ha, ha, ha! So true! I don't tell anyone about this wonderful board either!

arivecchi
07-10-2009, 09:42 PM

Meeting up with local folks might be fun, but sometimes the anonymity of the board is what make it so great too! You are right. I learn so much from everyone here - newbie or not. I just listed some people that popped into my mind at that moment, but everyone here is so truly wonderful and smart! This board :jammin:!

arivecchi
07-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Actually, I would love to meet you- truthfully! And not just because you asked. :) Ditto! You are one of the vets here!

lizajane
07-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Ariveraz of course.

And anyone else. Though, I am SUCH a BAD BBB mom. I generally hate shopping. So meet me in my backyard for BBQ and beers. :tongue5:

may i bring my gluten free BBQ and wine??? 'cause i really wanna come.

lizajane
07-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Actually, I would love to meet you- truthfully! And not just because you asked. :)

:love5::love5::love5:

come on by.

(and yes, i did host our very own eileen and family in my home and we had a GREAT time!!!)

MontrealMum
07-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Just let me know where and when. DS and I are veteran road-trippers now :)

wellyes
07-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Oh gosh - some of you guys are so witty I'd be a little intimidated to meet you in person!!

kijip
07-10-2009, 10:26 PM
may i bring my gluten free BBQ and wine??? 'cause i really wanna come.

Anytime you are in the area! Just give me time to rustle up a bottle of wine. I'll even make you gluten free desserts. :)

Melaine
07-10-2009, 10:31 PM
How surreal would it be if we were all to meet up at a big get-together? I can't help picturing all these little stick figures with your avatar pics for faces....

JMS
07-10-2009, 10:57 PM

You're at the top of my list :)

Melaine
07-10-2009, 10:58 PM

:shy: A high compliment (for me at least)....:love-retry:

MamaKath
07-10-2009, 11:57 PM
You came to mind right away... and Lisa, Katie, the Molly's , Melissa, and soooo many others. This is a neat group of people!!

shawnandangel
07-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Liza, I wish I could have been at your house the morning you woke up and Dillan had crawled out the window and mud was everywhere!

I know it wasn't funny for you, but it was definately one of the most memorable posts I have read. I think I laughed until I cried.

KpbS
07-11-2009, 01:26 AM
Just let me know where and when. DS and I are veteran road-trippers now :)

dcmom2b3
07-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Without reading other responses, sorry if I duplicate.

I love this place b/c it seems to me that it's a space for parents to come together and share, disagree, love and laugh about the parenting experience and everything else that is going on in our world(s). Seriously, there's no better recepie that I can think of for a GREAT party. :love-retry:

If my house were cleaner, if you all were closer (or if I were more centrally located) I would totally host a BBB open house.

MartiesMom2B
07-11-2009, 07:44 AM
There used to be a BBB retreats. I think there have been 3. I've been to 1. I think after not being able to decide where to go or no one stepping up to organize they've ceased. But it's not that hard to get together. Pick a place that's cheap/easy to get to. Pick a date. Pick someone to call hotels and get a good deal. Voila there's a BBB retreat.

KpbS
07-11-2009, 09:47 AM
There used to be a BBB retreats. I think there have been 3. I've been to 1. I think after not being able to decide where to go or no one stepping up to organize they've ceased. But it's not that hard to get together. Pick a place that's cheap/easy to get to. Pick a date. Pick someone to call hotels and get a good deal. Voila there's a BBB retreat.

That actually doesn't sound too hard. Any suggestions on where? Maybe a repeat location?

MartiesMom2B
07-11-2009, 12:54 PM
I forgot that the discussions took place on yahoo boards so that they would be private.

-DC
-Chicago
-NC

kayte
07-11-2009, 01:02 PM
How surreal would it be if we were all to meet up at a big get-together? I can't help picturing all these little stick figures with your avatar pics for faces....

I often wonder what everyone looks like--and I have an imagine for many of you in my head... I think a fun game would be to post our pictures to flickr group without our names/screens and see how well people did at matching them up!!!

TonFirst
07-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Are there any BBB flickr are facebook groups? I'd be interested in that.

catpagmo
07-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Hmmm. I'd say egoldber and brittone2. I always gain a lot from their advice!

MZS V
07-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Well I am a newbie (longtime lurker) who just wants to say how glad I am to have found this board! I have learned so much from reading! Thanks, BBB!

Mama V

Melaine
07-11-2009, 02:35 PM
I often wonder what everyone looks like--and I have an imagine for many of you in my head... I think a fun game would be to post our pictures to flickr group without our names/screens and see how well people did at matching them up!!!

That would be fun!!

BabyMine
07-11-2009, 03:43 PM
For those who have attended a meetup in the past can you share the prices and/or places and tell us a little about them. I might think of starting one.