PDA

View Full Version : GF Must haves at Whole Foods?

Melaine
07-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Any gluten free items I should specifically look out for? I'm going to try to make it out to Whole Foods for the first time since we started the diet (it's about 30 minutes from our house). TIA!!!

mytwosons
07-11-2009, 02:56 PM
All the GF stuff is cheapest at our WFs. We have enjoyed:

The Glutino products - snack bars, great crackers, and pretzels.

The Enviro kids cereals like Gorilla Munch and Koala Crisp.

Bob's Red Mill baking mixes.

Namaste baking mixes (we have multiple food allergies, but if you are just avoiding gluten, these probably aren't the best.)

Ian's frozen items as well as some GF cookies.

I know I'm missing some stuff. Ask at the front desk for a list of their GF products. They might also have a tour of the store they give.

Melaine
07-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Thanks so much. I think we are about to walk out the door so glad to have some feedback before we left!!:applause:

Laurel
07-11-2009, 04:54 PM
For next time- the chocolate chip cookie mix (whole foods brand- 365) is very good!

spanannie
07-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Pamela's baking mix & chocolate cake mix are TDF! I buy mine in bulk on Amazon now, though. Other than that, I try to eat things that are naturally gluten free, so I don't buy much that's pre-made or packaged foods. There are some awesome cookies by Wow Bakery and muffins by Bread of Life, but they are very expensive ($7.99 for a box of cookies). I buy them on occasion, but, generally don't buy GF snacky items. I either make myself or don't eat at all.

2 great foods that I eat often, which are available at Whole Foods, but I purchase elsewhere for less are Popcorn Indiana Kettlecorn and the Food Should Taste this Good multi grain chips. I eat EVERYTHING on those chips. You can buy those at Costco, though, and I recently found a great deal on the popcorn at Walgreens. The popcorn is available at Target and groceries, too.

The envirokids animal cookies are good if you want a snacky item for your girls. You can also buy those at BRU.