PDA

View Full Version : Contempo or FP Space Saver high chair

leeni8
07-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi! First time mom-to-be trying to decide between two high chairs: Graco Contempo and the Fisher Price Space Saver chair. Two of my friends said they scrapped their full sized high chairs for the Fisher Price strap-on Space Saver chair and I'm just curious if this is a better option.

Thoughts?

srhs
07-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Just one opinion here, but I am glad we have a fullsize high chair. I had planned to just get the Space Saver (and ended up doing so for grandma's), but I got such a deal on our fullsize that I couldn't pass it up. Seeing how grimy this thing gets on a daily basis, I am glad I'm not subjecting one of my wooden kitchen table chairs to the mess and scouring!

That said, you really don't need to decide before baby comes unless everything else on your registry is wiped out. You won't need it for 6 months, so why store it?

let73
07-11-2009, 06:21 PM
We used the Space Saver high chair. We have a really small house/kitchen so it worked well for us. It is really easy to clean and lasted us until she was about 2 1/2 yo as it converts into a booster type seat. The other nice thing was that we would take it with us when we went to my parents house.

zag95
07-13-2009, 01:22 PM
I recommend waiting and then taking your DC and trying them in the chair- some kids sit lower- etc.....

We had a regular FP rainforest HC- which is great!

My mom got a Graco Contempo to use at her house (since she watches DD 2/x week)- it is very difficult to get DD in and out of the chair because there is a bar you have to manuver under- and the seat cushions are not plasticated like the FP one, so DD doesn't "slide" easily....

That's why I recommend trying baby in them- maybe at 3-4 mos- try some out!

MmeSunny
07-13-2009, 04:15 PM
I did not like the SpaceSaver chair. There are some chairs it will not fit on--ours included. Also, I found it a pain to clean.

I thought it would be great because we have so little room, but I'm glad we didn't keep it. My mom bought it for her house when we visit, but UGH. All I want to do is run back to my TrippTrapp.

I would suggest the TT as the best spacesaving, easy to clean high chair. Ours pushes right up the table, takes up no more room than a regular dining chair. They are pricey and I am soooooo cheap, but it was the best baby purchase for us.

For the first couple months of solids- 6-9month--we found the bumbo to be better that the TT. More support, easy to plunk on the table and feed face to face, etc. But once she could sit up better alone, TT all the way.

leeni8
07-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'm sure it would be best to wait til baby is older, but I'm fornuate to have a large family and so I was hoping to get a high chair at the shower :)

Also, MmeSunny - excuse my ignorance, but what does TT stand for?

zag95
07-13-2009, 06:45 PM
TT- stands for Tripp Trapp-

leeni8
07-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Duh. If I hadn't been in such a hurry to read the post, I would have seen that :) Sorry and thanks!