PDA

View Full Version : Which swing: Graco Lovin' Hug or FP Cradle and Swing

leeni8
07-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Hi! First time mom-to-be with a question on which swing to register for. Deciding between:

Graco Lovin' Hug Swing - Utopia: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3368241

OR

Fisher Price My Little Lamb™ Cradle and Swing: http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=16019496&

I like the way the Graco one looks - it will match nicely with our decor - but lots of people swear by the Cradle and Swing. Also, we aren't finding out the sex of the baby so something neutral is important.

Thoughts!

BeccaB.
07-11-2009, 11:23 PM
The cradle swings are awesome. I love my FP rainforest (even though the pattern is really loud for my taste). I love that it goes front to back and side to side. I also love that mine plugs in. If there is any possibility that you will have a larger baby I highly recommend getting a swing that plugs in. Otherwise the swing eats through way to many batteries.

junebaby07
07-12-2009, 06:54 AM
I also liked our FP cradle swing. We also had the rainforest - I thought it was ugly, dd loved the mobile and music. It was great that it plugged in.

kijip
07-13-2009, 06:13 AM
The FP cradle swing is way better than the Graco IMO. Swinging side to side too is a big deal for a lot of babies that like swings. We have the Lamb one. It's adorable. The cover washes up easily (we have a child whose poo can escape nearly any diaper.)

bigbluedad
07-13-2009, 08:25 AM
We have the Lovin' hug. Haven't used it yet as it was a shower present.

Nechums
07-13-2009, 09:30 AM
We have the FP Papasan Cradle. It's not a plug-in, but DS is 9.5 months old and used it daily for teh first 7 months for naps and we only changed the batteries twice. We love it and it really helped get some good naps in for DS.

coconut
07-13-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm trying to figure out which models plug in. The Fisher Price site says the cradle swings need D batteries, and the online instruction manuals don't mention a plug. Have they changed the models? Does anyone know? I'd love one that plugs in!

zag95
07-13-2009, 01:19 PM
I recommend the FP swing- we had the rainforest one- DD LOVED it!!!

I originally had the Lovin Hug, but when it came apart with DD in the swing it went back- the FP swing felt much more solid and I liked that it a. Plugged in
b. Had multiple swinging directions
c. actually felt solid- that dd was supported in the swing

GL!

happymom
07-13-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm trying to figure out which models plug in. The Fisher Price site says the cradle swings need D batteries, and the online instruction manuals don't mention a plug. Have they changed the models? Does anyone know? I'd love one that plugs in!

There are many different cradle swings.
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2002&e=thumbnail&pcat=bgsw_cs&ppagesize=1000
Some can be plugged in and some cannot. If it can be plugged in, it will say so. If it just says that it needs D batteries, and does not mention pluggin it in, then it cannot be plugged in.

Good luck!

We love our rainforest open top cradle by the way. Love that it plugs in, and love that you can swing the top up to easily take baby in and out.

Momof3Labs
07-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Hands down, a FP cradle swing. So many babies love that side-to-side motion!

BeccaB.
07-14-2009, 01:30 PM

I looked on their website and they write the part about the AC adaptor after the part about the batteries. The Starlight Cradle n Swing, Starlight Papsan, Butterfly garden papsan, butterfly cradle swing, and rainforest all plug in. If you want one that plugs in check the box at the store because it also lists whether they plug in or not.