PDA

View Full Version : And Yet ANOTHER Stroller Question...sorry

bays72
07-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Sorry for yet another stroller question, but I can't help it :(

So, we are going down to Fl for a wedding Labor Day weekend and decided to add a couple days at Disney (since we will be down there anyway). This is the first time we will be taking our kids (DD 4 1/2 and DD 1 1/2). My older DD does not use a stroller anymore, but I know it is riduculous to think about NOT having a stroller for her at WDW (see, I have been reading the other posts). But here is my dilemma. We are only going to be at WDW for 3 days (but we will also be going to Busch Gardens in Tampa with extended family). We have a Mac Triumph but no other stroller anymore and use the Mac for younger DD (she needs the recline for naps). Would you:

A) Just rent a stroller in WDW (and maybe also at Busch Gardens) since it is only for 3 days and thus only about $45 at WDW (not sure how much at BG).

B) Buy an inexpensive stroller (Under $100, preferably under $75 or less since not sure if it will ever be used again). And if this option, any suggestions on an inexpensive stroller that will be comfortable for a 4 year old.

or

C) Some other option which I have not thought of but you would like to share (seriously, I need all the help I can get)

I should mention that we are driving down so airplane manuevering is not an issue though space is at a premium in our mini van with all the crap we are bringing for the other parts of our trip (pack n play, dress clothes for wedding, beach stuff, you get the picture).

Thank you all for your help, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!!!!

Betsie

egoldber
07-11-2009, 10:56 PM
If you get desperate, you could buy a cheap umbrella stroller in the parks. They now sell them in the gift shops for about $20.

salsah
07-12-2009, 12:03 AM
maybe you can find a deal on a volo. you can get one for under $100 and it is light and compact. and it should steer well even with an older/heavier child.

JTsMom
07-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Can you borrow a stroller from someone for the trip?

bnme
07-12-2009, 06:51 AM
I second the volo idea. Thats what I ended up doing when I had a need for a stroller for my older son (who no longer needed a stroller).

What strollers do u have? I had only had Gracos up until this point and the Volo was WONDERFUL for pushing an older child. My 6yo can still ride in it.

Not sure what we are going to do on our upcoming trip with a 6 & 5 yo...the volo is all we have. I may rent a double jogger from orlandostrollers.com. Not sure it will be cost effective for only a few days. Can't believe the price on WDW rentals!

SnuggleBuggles
07-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Personally, I would wait and do what Beth suggested (buy an umbrella stroller there if you need it). Lugging around/ buying a stroller before hand just in case sounds inconvenient to me. Of course, my ds1 gave up strollers for good before age 2 and we got by just fine no matter where we went. Granted, never tried WDW but I figure if he could keep up with days of city sight seeing that he could make it there too. :)

Beth

egoldber
07-13-2009, 07:30 AM
So I was envisioning using the cheap WDW stroller (I think they are Kolcraft? I have seen them before outside WDW, but these are "Mickey Red" LOL!!) for the smaller child and the nicer stroller for the older one. Unless it was nap time.

bays72
07-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Well, as of right now I have feelers out on borrowing one. Hoping this will pan out but since most of my friends have older kids, possible they have already gotten rid of them. But still worth trying.

I also saw somewhere (my head is truly spinning from all the boards I have been reading) about buying one before we go and then selling (ebay or consign) it when we get back. This is a possibility, but it would require my ACTUALLY following through with that. But my DH didn't completely roll his eyes at that one :)

And of course I am also watching some various strollers on ebay.

clc053103
07-13-2009, 09:28 AM
I got a volo on babye-store.com for $69 free shipping for Disney. we usually rent the Disney double (for the astronomical price) so that there's space if one of my nephews (6 and 10- and yes, the 10 year old is not too shy to do it) wants to climb in with DS. However, we like having the Volo for evening use outside the parks (we dine at the resorts a lot- also renting a stroller in downtown disney is truly a PITA).

That being said, for just a 3 day trip, I would probably just rent the disney one as needed- dd may only need it at the end of the day when often a family leaving the park may just give you one.

AddiesMom
07-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Check this out:

http://www.orlandostrollerrentals.com/

bays72
07-17-2009, 11:15 PM
It turns out my SIL still has her double strollers. YEAH!!!! So we are going to borrow one of them for our trip.

Thank you all for the help.