PDA

View Full Version : Excema cure!!

AJP
07-12-2009, 08:59 AM
My 11 month has what I believe to be excema on her face and backs of her arms and a few spots on her legs. I have tried EVERY lotion, potion and cream (over the counter only) and just found our cure!!! It's called ShiKai Children's Lotion, Borage Dry Skin Therapy. I found it at whole foods and tried it on a whim. I've only used it on her face so far, but it has made her skin look like it hasn't since she was a month old! I hope to get her skin to a place where she won't need this daily b/c honestly I'm not thrilled with using it all the time. Just wanted to help if someone else was struggling with this.

neeleymartin
07-12-2009, 09:21 AM
i will keep this in mind. i was sure that we would have eczema with the boys, as dh and i are both victims of this itchy skin issue. i will try it. boys have had no signs yet. but good to know there is something that will help. nice find.

doberbrat
07-12-2009, 09:21 AM
interesting - does it have lanolin in it?

dd is allergic to lanolin and is having a huge flareup on her face

AJP
07-12-2009, 01:34 PM
No lanolin as per the ingredients list.

essnce629
07-14-2009, 04:51 AM
I tried that on my son's eczema but it "burns" him. Most stuff burns his skin though, including anything with aloe vera in it. The only thing that doesn't is Aquaphor.