PDA

View Full Version : Costco Waterslide Reviews

ekbecker1
07-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Does anyone have the inflatable waterslide from Costco? It's called the Dual Super Slide by Sportspower. I'm wondering if this would be good for a big range of ages. I need to entertain kids from 3-13 at our neighborhood block party. Also, is it a nightmare to set up, clean up and store?

nrp
07-12-2009, 10:18 AM
We have a different slide (this one: http://www.amazon.com/Banzai-Pipeline-Twist-Aqua-Park/dp/B00267T4MA/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1247407652&sr=1-25) and it is a bit bigger than the one you are looking at, and I still don't think ours would entertain kids on the higher end of your age bracket for very long. It is GREAT for the 3-8 year old crowd, though. And I could be wrong about the older kids, but even if they liked it, it would be a problem having 13-yos and 3-yos playing safely at the same time, I would think.

As far as setting up, the one you posted about looks to be easier than ours, and while it is easier to do it with two people, my DH has often managed by himself. The trick is that after you are through, you need to drain it and let the fans blow for at least a few hours to dry it out before you fold it to store. It is a bit of a pain, and not something I'd like to set up and take down multiple times a week, but a few times a month it is totally worth it. And, with Costco's great return policy, if you don't like it you can always take it back.

new_mommy25
07-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Is renting an option. We rented a huge waterslide for DS's last birthday and it was about $350 and included delivery, set up, and haul away. The generator was about $25 extra. It was so much fun and the adults had just as much fun as the little ones.

We were tempted to buy a Costco slide too, until we saw the weight limits and recommendations. I think that only 2-3 kids could be on it at a time or something. I know with the big water slide a lot of the kids like to just hang out at the top and get wet.

s7714
07-12-2009, 05:38 PM
A friend got one of those last year from Costco and we played on it at a playdate. I can't imagine kids over the age of like 8 playing on it (because of size, not for lack of interest, LOL). I think they'd just be too big.

I'd look into renting one since there are bigger kids going to be using it.