PDA

View Full Version : Sleep questions for 5month old

torinyc
07-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Hi everyone,
My DS's sleep schedule got pretty erratic, don't know whether it is something that will last, or whether we should be doing something, or just stick it out... Please let me know if you had similar experience...

DS still eats on demand and so his sleep schedule is tied to that. Goes to bed 7:30-8:30pm - his choice, as in his internal clock or something. We bathe him every night and I give him last feeding right before bed ( no teeth yet).

He'd wake up at about 5am, but not hungry. I can put him back to sleep only if I take him in my bed (I know it is a no-no...) Will eat at about 7am and then nap again at about 8-9am for 1-2 hours. He does not nap for more than 3 hours during the day - this includes catnaps and longer ones.

BUT for the past three days he has been waking up in the middle of the night about every hour!!!! :nodno:
He is not hungry, he whines and starts crying if I don't get to him quickly. Then he is back to sleep almost immediately with the pacifier. Basically, every hour or so, I have to get up to stick a pacifier in his mouth. This lasts him till about 5am. After that, soothing him to sleep much harder. He falls asleep for another 2 hours ONLY if put in our bed! Otherwise, he is blowing bubbles and plays with his feet.
Don't know what happened over the past 3 days! We are at the summer house, but he was fine for the first 10 days... He sleeps in a Graco portable now. Any ideas? Thank you very much!