PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick, tell me it's not Swine flu...

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
07-12-2009, 05:08 PM
because a Vegetarian with Swine flu would be too ironic!
I have an on again/ off again fever....stuffy nose....sore throat.... and my body is sore and I am fatigued!!!!!!!!!!!

kayte
07-12-2009, 05:09 PM
because a Vegetarian with Swine flu would be too ironic!
I have an on again/ off again fever....stuffy nose....sore throat.... and my body is sore and I am fatigued!!!!!!!!!!!

I am pretty sure that H1N1 has a stomach issue component. If you don't have that... I would go with a cold or the regular flu.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
07-12-2009, 05:12 PM
I am pretty sure that H1N1 has a stomach issue component. If you don't have that... I would go with a cold or the regular flu.

Swine has stomach issues in 40% of cases. I have never been sick in the middle of Summer before...EVER!!! That's what is trowing me for a loop....

SnuggleBuggles
07-12-2009, 05:27 PM
I had the flu type that is the "bird flu" (I'm having a brain freeze on the letters/ numbers). The fever I had with it was the worse part. Even with ibuprofen it was at least 101.5. It wouldn't hurt to go in and get tested...well, it will hurt b/c that nasal swab is pretty miserable!

Feel better!!
Beth

MamaMolly
07-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Swine Flu might not be bad, you'll have antibodies this fall in case it gets super bad. Silver lining, maybe?

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
07-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Fever got up to 101.... I feel like poop. DH might take tomorrow off, so he can take me to Dr's and help with DD....

bubbaray
07-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Was that 101 with Tylenol or Advil or 101 on its own?

My understanding is that H1N1 involves a higher fever than that. I thought it only involved digestive issues in some cases not all, but I haven't been paying all that much attention.

Personally, if I could cope with the symptoms (ie., no breathing problems or severe dehydration), I'd skip the dr and just let it run its course. But, that's just me.

Hope you feel better.

ett
07-12-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm with Melissa that I would skip the doctor's if I was coping with the symptoms okay. They may not even test for the swine flu. Hope you're feeling better soon. It sucks to be sick and have to take care of kids too.

newmomto1
07-13-2009, 12:25 AM
Swine Flu might not be bad, you'll have antibodies this fall in case it gets super bad. Silver lining, maybe?

:yeahthat: