PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE 2page P & PT please sick and pregnant

Octobermommy
07-13-2009, 12:03 AM
I have a fever and muscle aches , specifically my back. Having had a kidney infection in the past that is our primary concern but I am also coughing deep so it could just be a virus. I am very worried for my baby, I am 24 weeks pg. Due to my dh changing jobs we intend on getting cobra but don't have paperwork yet.

There are so many other crappy things going on that I was going to post about but his of course supercedes all. Thank you in advance.

DrSally
07-13-2009, 12:05 AM
P& PT coming your way! I really hope it's nothing or just a mild flu. Keep us posted.

MMMommy
07-13-2009, 12:12 AM
Positive thoughts your way! I hope you get well soon. Try not to stress and try to take it easy and relax a little.

shawnandangel
07-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Prayers for you. If you feel you need to go to the hospital, go. Go to a non-profit hospital and they will help you and not turn you away. If you are unable to pay they have resources to help you - like setting up low monthly payments.

Also - Walgreens has well clinics. I don't know how expensive they are, but I don't think it's too bad.

I don't know where you live but do a search for free clinics in your area. Don't be afraid to get help if you need it.

hugs to you mama.

HannaAddict
07-13-2009, 01:24 AM
I have a fever and muscle aches , specifically my back. Having had a kidney infection in the past that is our primary concern but I am also coughing deep so it could just be a virus. I am very worried for my baby, I am 24 weeks pg. Due to my dh changing jobs we intend on getting cobra but don't have paperwork yet.

There are so many other crappy things going on that I was going to post about but his of course supercedes all. Thank you in advance.

You should still be insured, your old insurance covers you for this even if the COBRA paperwork isn't completed, so long as you sign up by the deadline (think it is 90 days from end date of work). I had to go to the emergency room when I had changed jobs (pre-kids) and had COBRA for the one month time frame before new benefits kicked in. I also hadn't even received my COBRA packet, but just provided my old insurance info. We were out of town, I had a weird blood spot appear on my eye out of the blue and it looked awful. It turned out to be nothing serious but still an ER bill wasn't something that would have been fun to pay out of pocket. The hospital billed my insurance and it was fine. I filled out the COBRA paperwork literally after my new benefits kicked in, but the COBRA insurance just looked back and covered the gap. Do you have an OB? I would call them first thing in the morning. Good luck. You will be covered as long as you pay the COBRA premiums and sign up by the deadline, it will go back retroactively.

wellyes
07-13-2009, 08:20 AM
Good luck mama, PT coming your way.

BabyMine
07-13-2009, 08:21 AM
I am so sorry you don't feel good. I hope it clears soon.
Lot of P&PT comming your way.

egoldber
07-13-2009, 08:26 AM
You should still be insured, your old insurance covers you for this even if the COBRA paperwork isn't completed, so long as you sign up by the deadline (think it is 90 days from end date of work).

:yeahthat:

Do not feel bad at all. It could takes weeks for the paperwork to get all straightened out. They are very used to this process.

kayte
07-13-2009, 08:27 AM
We had an issue come up before our Cobra paperwork came through--I called DD's doctor's office and spoke directly to the office manager. She agreed to let us see the doctor, pay the co-pay and file after the cobra officially kicked in. If they run your insurance card, it will not go through, if though the retroactive coverage will make you covered from the date of unemployment. The office manager said that it has become regular practice there because so many people are in the same boat.

Melbel
07-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. As for COBRA, we are currently on COBRA until his benefits at his new job kick in. I was able to do the paperwork via email/fax and even made the COBRA payment electronically. I had an email temporary card the same day. Don't hesitate to get medical care if you think you need it! :hug5:

amandabea
07-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Sending you prayers and positive, get-well thoughts. PPs have given great COBRA advice.

egoldber
07-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Melbel, wow I've never had a COBRA plan be that fast or that organized!!! It has typically take literally weeks for the paperwork to clear for us. And yes, we've had claims denied for "lack of coverage" in the interim. We just call billing, tell them COBRA is catching up, and they need to re-submit. This is just so routine.

KpbS
07-13-2009, 10:04 AM
P+PT headed your way. Hope you feel better soon!

:hug:

Octobermommy
07-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Update: who the heck has the flu in July, me.

I feel awful and with this literally being the busiest week of the year for me , not such great timing ( not that there ever is with the flu). I am just relieved that the baby seemed fine. Thanks for the p &pt. I really needed them. Now let's just hope neither of my kids get sick.

kristac
07-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Glad it's just the flu. Hope you feel better soon and no one else catches it!

MontrealMum
07-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Glad to hear you and baby are OK, even if it is the flu. I missed this thread the first time. :hug:

DrSally
07-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Glad it was the flu!

ThreeofUs
07-13-2009, 09:54 PM

I feel awful and with this literally being the busiest week of the year for me , not such great timing ( not that there ever is with the flu). I am just relieved that the baby seemed fine. Thanks for the p &pt. I really needed them. Now let's just hope neither of my kids get sick.

Glad to hear you and your baby are all right. Best of luck getting over such a nasty bug!

:hug:

MamaKath
07-13-2009, 11:28 PM

Glad you and the baby are ok!!! Feel better quickly. :hug: