PDA

View Full Version : Mini Crib Mattress

shuchimehta
07-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi
We are expecting twins in Oct-09. Because of the space limitation we have decided to use the mini cribs for the twins instead of regualr cribs....we are buying two of DaVinci Annabelle Mini Crib in Antique White -we are confused as to which mattress will be the best with this crib..considering that we are looking for the same usage out of this mattress as from a regualr crib mattress..is there anyone who has been using mini crib instead of regualr crib??
Please help!!
Thanks

Gene
07-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Before you consider two mini-cribs, have you considered just having the twins sleep in a single crib until they are two big "together" and then switch to two separate cribs? My sister did that with her twins. They slept well together and she set up the second crib at about 6mo (her boys were HUGE - wearing 2T clothes at 12mo). And lots of twins tend to sleep well in close proximetry, better than when they are apart...

If not (and I'm just spouting my mouth off), I really don't have any experience with mini-cribs and wouldn't be able to comment intelligently.

shuchimehta
07-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi Genie
we will be using an arm's reach for both of them untill they are 6 months.....we are advised by a lot of experienced parents that they will be fine in a one crib untill 6 months..the problem is we do not have enuf space to accomodate 2 big cribs in one room.....that's why we are looking for someone who may have experience using a mini crib as a regular crib.
Thanks for your help

twowhat?
07-13-2009, 10:03 PM
We have twins and got 2 IKEA Gulliver cribs. They fit in an "L" configuration in a 10 by 10 ft room with enough room for a changing table, dresser, and chair. We did have our twins share a crib until about 4 months old, but now they sleep in their own crib. I'm glad we got the full-size cribs though because I also considered the mini-cribs but now our girls are 10 months old and it would be tight in the mini crib. Since the IKEA cribs are so simple, they have a very small footprint and are also lower in profile so they don't overwhelm a small room.