PDA

View Full Version : Hello Kitty Party Games for 3 yr old party

jacksmomtobe
07-13-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm hosting DD's 3 yr old Hello Kitty party on Friday. It's going to be 4 of her friends and 4 of their siblings who are my son's age (5). I'm pretty much going to have it be a playdate with pizza, Hello Kitty Cake and Hello Kitty favors for the girls (coloring pages, pens, etc) and baseball/sports favors for the boys. I'm looking for one or two simple hello kitty themed games or regular games that a creative person can convert to a hello kitty theme. If it's nice we'll try to play outside however it has been a rainy beg of summer in New England. I went crazy with DS party this year plus just hosted a big gathering this past weekend so I guess I'm still a little burnt out from those events so simple is the key. I checked out a few of the birthday theme websites like birthday express however they didn't really have any great game ideas for this theme.

Thanks in advance!

egoldber
07-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Pin the bow on the kitty :)

I'm a huge fan of Pin the X on the Y. ;)

skygoddess
07-14-2009, 01:09 AM
How about:

Hello Kitty Says (instead of Simon Says)
Duck Duck Kitty

I think I've seen HK pinatas before. If not, you could paste Hello Kitty artwork on some other pink pinata.

jacksmomtobe
07-14-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks for some ideas. A friend who's daughter had a HK party did pin the bow on HK so I didn't want to duplicate that idea. I used Duck, Duck something for another party so that should work. I'm also thinking maybe some game with yarn for the kitties to play or some kind of find the kitty games.

Thanks again!

CiderLogan
07-14-2009, 11:17 AM
My girls love to play a version of "hot potato" for every (real and pretent) party we host. So, we had "hot monkey" for a monkey party, and "hot Snoopy" the other day for a pretend party for a doll. So, how about "hot kitty" (or you can rename it something that sounds less weird) with a HK stuffed animal?

HK coloring sheets?

Draw HK on a piece of posterboard with an opening for the mouth, glue it onto something on the floor, and have them toss pretend kitty treats into her mouth?

alien_host
07-14-2009, 12:09 PM
How about a simple Bingo Game? You could make the boards on your PC. Just 3 boxes across and 3 down. Maybe put a color in each square and make the middle a free space with a HK graphic? You could use hello kitty stickers as the markers. First to get 3 across/down/diag wins?

misshollygolightly
07-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Sounds like you've got some good ideas! I thought of one or two:
-"Simon Says" but with "Kitty Says" (instead of Simon)
(ex: "Kitty says pat your head!" "Kitty says clean your paws!" "Touch your toes!")

-some kind of game of tag or duck, duck, goose, but you could call it "Cat and Mouse". You could even just play regular old freeze tag or something, but call whoever is it the "Kitty" and all the other players "Mice"

-I remember playing a game at a childhood birthday party where there were several long pieces of different colored yarn (probably about a yard or so each), with little tags or plastic toys tied to each end. The pieces of yarn were all tangled in the middle, but the ends were all loose and spread in a circle. So each person grabbed one end of a piece of string (holding on to the little tag or toy), and then worked with their partner (the person with the other end of the same piece of string) to try to untangle their piece--but without letting go of their end/toy. You can play it so whichever pair of partners gets their string free first wins--or you can just have everyone try to work together to get untangled. It seems like you could adapt this to be a kitty-themed game, and choose appropriate colors for the yarn (pink, purple, etc.) and even tie Hello Kitty toys to the ends if you want.

AnnieW625
07-14-2009, 04:05 PM
We had a bounce house and I just had some coloring pages out for DD's birthday and that worked great. We didn't need much else than that. I am sure whatever you do will be great for the kids.

CiderLogan
07-14-2009, 09:05 PM
I just remembered that we have a Hello Kitty bingo set! It's one of those games in little tins you can get at places like Kohl's. Here is is on Amazon: http://amzn.com/B000ZPFA28