PDA

View Full Version : Swaddling a bigger child

MMEand1
07-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Last week my DD brought me her baby (baby's name is Jug) and asked me to wrap up the baby like I used to wrap her up when she was little. I wrapped her up like they do at the hospital and wrapped Jug up the same way. She thought it was so cool! So later that night, as we were getting her ready for bed, she brings me her blanket and asks me to wrap her up like I wrapped up Jug. I wrapped her up and put her to bed. It was the first night in about a month or so that she did not get up in the middle of the night!

Last night, my DD asked to be wrapped up again. Knowing that I was going to be getting up at 0345 to get ready for work, I knew that I did not want her getting up at night like she was doing every night after I wrapped her up last week. So, I wrapped her up again - and it worked AGAIN!! I am going to continue to swaddle my 4.5 year old until either she does not like it anymore or she can figure out that mom is tired after working all day, staying up too late, getting up in the middle of the night with a 4 year old and having to get up at 0345 to get ready and do it all over again!

For those of you who don't know what to do when your baby out grows the miracle blanket - just try another blanket and continue to wrap him/her up! My 4 and 6 year old like it (yes, my 6 year old DS wanted to be wrapped up too)!

MamaKath
07-13-2009, 11:36 PM
For those of you who don't know what to do when your baby out grows the miracle blanket - just try another blanket and continue to wrap him/her up! My 4 and 6 year old like it (yes, my 6 year old DS wanted to be wrapped up too)!
:thumbsup: I can still remember asking my dad to make me into a "papoose". He would take my favorite afghan and wrap me in it. My own kids love sleeping bags, I bet ds would love being wrapped.