PDA

View Full Version : MA parents - Capron Park Zoo?

neeleymartin
07-14-2009, 07:00 AM
anyone been? http://www.capronparkzoo.com/

how was is? tell me all about it. tia

wellyes
07-14-2009, 07:34 AM
I was there ages ago - it's pretty small, but it's part of a pretty park. A nice day trip if you're in the area. I wouldn't drive far to see it, though.

neeleymartin
07-14-2009, 07:57 AM
any picnic areas or grassy nooks nearby? the park doesn't allow outside food in the park. thanks

Corie
07-14-2009, 08:14 AM
We really like this zoo! It is small though.

They have an awesome lion exhibit. In fact, the lion was
pictured recently in People magazine. :)

They also have a brand new huge Lemur exhibit. I haven't
seen the Lemurs yet but I did see the finished structure/exhibit.
It looks very cool.

I need to take the kids back there!!

sidmand
07-14-2009, 08:20 AM
We belong there. I really like, but it is VERY small. Right outside the zoo (don't need a membership) there is a pretty nice playground and some grassy areas and picnic tables (I think there were picnic tables...grassy areas definitely). Kind of like the Roger Williams Zoo on a much smaller scale.

We just had DS's birthday there. They have a great deal for birthdays.

They also opened up a little SplashPad just this year which is very nice. Not huge, but big enough to cool off.

I'd say you could do the whole zoo in about 1/2 hour though. But it's very inexpensive and if you play at the playground, bring lunch, you could easily make a day of it.

neeleymartin
07-14-2009, 08:26 AM
we went to buttonwood yesterday. is it comparable in size to that? it's just the right size for a two year old, imo.

billysmommy
07-14-2009, 08:48 AM
we went to buttonwood yesterday. is it comparable in size to that? it's just the right size for a two year old, imo.

How was Buttonwood? We used to go there all the time on school field trips when I was in elementary school. I haven't been in ~10 years and the last time we were there it needed a refurb. My mom thought they had done one not too long ago.

doberbrat
07-14-2009, 09:13 AM
ditto what pp have said. its a teeny tiny zoo. its nicely kept, clean and inexpensive. the animals are on the younger side and in good condition. there is a really nice playground right outside the door and a lge picnic area. I wouldnt call it a "day trip" but its a nice way to spend an afternoon if you're near by. they're a member of the aza group so if you have a membership to another zoo, its free.

havent been to buttonwood though I keep meaning to.

neeleymartin
07-14-2009, 09:09 PM
How was Buttonwood? We used to go there all the time on school field trips when I was in elementary school. I haven't been in ~10 years and the last time we were there it needed a refurb. My mom thought they had done one not too long ago.

we love buttonwood. we have gone the last two years. it must have been refurbished recently. perfect size for toddlers. we are planning another trip for later in the summer.