PDA

View Full Version : My first visit to Ikea and I love, love, love our new Trofast!!!

wendibird22
07-14-2009, 10:36 AM
DH and I went to Toronto for our anniversary this past weekend and built in a stop at the Ikea in Burlington, ON on our way. We go to Toronto once a year and always pass by it but never stop. We've been eyeing the Trofast and Expedit online for months now, but couldn't swing the crazy shipping and handling. Well let me tell you, I now know why every raves about Ikea. It was amazing!!! And I couldn't believe the shear number of people in that store. It was a mad house but yet not so crazy that it annoyed us. I guess because the place is HUGE!

So we ended up buying the Trofast, 2 actually, and I just love them. The pull out bins are perfect for all of DDs (and eventually DC2's) toys and it looks rather nice in our living room. DD can pull the bins out herself and loves to dump them out. I love the varying sizes of bins and the fact that it gets so much stuff up off our floor. DH put one together last night and it was really simple. We were impressed at how well constructed it is and it's nice for a change to have something where all the drill holes are in the correct place and square!

I love Ikea!!

BabyMine
07-14-2009, 10:39 AM
The only problem with Ikea is..............it is very addictive. We just got one built close to me and everytime we go I am so overwhelmed by what I want. We are getting a entertainment center this weekend.

AnnieW625
07-14-2009, 10:43 AM
We have that same storage system for DD. It's perfect for her.

C99
07-14-2009, 11:10 AM
I just sold my TROFAST storage system on Craigslist. We had it for years -- long before we had kids -- and it was among my favorites.

GaPeach_in_Ca
07-14-2009, 11:56 AM
The only problem with Ikea is..............it is very addictive. We just got one built close to me and everytime we go I am so overwhelmed by what I want. We are getting a entertainment center this weekend.

I think it wears off, though, so not to worry. These days we will go to Ikea and only see 1-2 small things we want. :thumbsup: