PDA

View Full Version : DD, Your 2, please, I beg you..STOP waking up at midnight...

HIU8
07-14-2009, 11:50 AM
and ask to sleep on the futon in the spare bedroom. I just want one night where I sleep all night in my own bed.

frgsnlzrds
07-14-2009, 01:58 PM
:hug: My dd just turned 2 and she wakes up between 2 and 3 am almost every night. I feel your pain. If it helps you, people keep telling me it gets better. Hang in there...

HIU8
07-14-2009, 02:02 PM
I keep hoping it's a phase and she will go back to being the wonderful sleeper that she was just 2 weeks ago. I so miss an entire night of uninterrupted sleep!!

Melaine
07-14-2009, 02:04 PM
No wonder you are desperately scouring the internet for another lovey.

egoldber
07-14-2009, 02:07 PM
I feel your pain. :(

HIU8
07-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Oh, DD still has her lovey. She wakes up and wants to be moved to the futon in the spare bedroom. I'm seriously considering moving her mattress into the spare bedroom and letting her transition from her crib. At this point I will do anything for that precious sleep I am missing. Plus, she is a nightmare the next day and her naps are getting erratic and I just want my sweet daughter back in place of the afternoon monster that I now have.

egoldber
07-14-2009, 02:53 PM
The BEST thing I ever did was buy Amy a twin mattress and put it on the floor in her room. She sleeps just as well and if I have to go in with her at night (most nights) I can get a good night's sleep as well. Our lives all dramatically improved after that. It was cheap from Ikea, but does the job.

HIU8
07-14-2009, 07:34 PM
We have two trips in the next 3 weeks. After that I think we are going to move her mattress to the floor and see what happens. We would consider a toddler bed for her if the mattress on the floor thing works. We are not buying a twin bed like we did for DS and redoing her room anytime soon as we may move in the next year (although I might consider the inexpensive twin mattress thing).

lizajane
07-14-2009, 10:16 PM
four and a half years. every night. and still when he is exposed to gluten. (wheat.)

all i can say is thank goodness we found out i had celiac and tried gluten free for him. i swear i thought i was going to die from sleep deprivation.