PDA

View Full Version : childproof container for travel first aid kit?

jillc
07-14-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm putting together a travel first aid kit for an upcoming vacation.

Usually, I put everything (kids & adults motrin, tylenol, bandaids, neosporin, etc., etc.) in a clear plastic shoebox sized box or a toiletry bag, and then I do my best to keep it hidden from the kids.

I'm wishing that I knew where to find some type of secure (locking?) container to store everything in so that I'd have more peace of mind about the kids not getting into it. I already know that my DS can open the "childproof" lids on medication bottles.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jill

tny915
07-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi there :wavey:
How about this?
http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=311756&parentCategoryId=85183&categoryId=85216&subCategoryId=86203

jillc
07-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi, Terri, and thanks for the great suggestion!!

I thought I'd post the solution that I came up with incase it's helpful to anyone else.

I found a metal cash box at an office supply store to store the first aid items in. It has a lock and key. Kind of a cheap-o lock and key, but it'll do the trick, and there's lots of room for all the items that I wanted to bring.

Still have to watch that DS doesn't notice me using the key to open it and go on a quest to find my keys, etc. My plan is to still keep it hidden from the kids, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks again!
Jill